McCarthy Tétrault Tax Dispute National Tour – Winning Strategies from Audit to Trial
September 14, 2022
Time of event
Join the McCarthy Tétrault Tax Group for our Winning Strategies from Audit to Trial seminar.
Topics to be discussed include:
- Forecast of CRA Activity: Recent statistics about the Canada Revenue Agency’s and Department of Justice’s activity and presentation of Canada’s first “Overall Tax Gap Report”
- Best Practice at the Audit and Objection Stages: How to build a winning strategy from the early stages of the dispute process? What is the impact of some key decisions on a potential trial? Questions from participants about any practical issue they have faced are welcomed.
- Update on Privilege: Digitization has multiplied the number of documents stored and therefore, the number of requests for information. Which documents should not be provided and how to ensure privilege is not waived?
- Robert Kopstein, Partner, National Tax Group, Calgary
- Chia-yi Chua, Senior Counsel, National Tax Group, Toronto
- Nicolas Cloutier, Partner, National Tax Group, Montréal
- Dominic Bédard-Lapointe, Partner, National Tax Group, Montréal
- Anu Koshal, Partner, National Tax Group, Toronto
- Samuel Julien, Associate, National Tax Group, Montréal
For questions about this seminar or to express your interest in attending, please contact [email protected].
This program qualifies for up to 1.5 hours of CPD Credit under the Law Society of BC's mandatory regime.
Note: This presentation will take place in our Vancouver office and will be given in English only.
12:00 p.m. - 1:30 p.m. (PT)