Indigenous Leadership, Partnerships and Participation in Canadian Projects
September 21, 2022
Time of event
Join prominent leaders from across Canada for a discussion on Indigenous leadership, partnerships and participation in Canadian projects, cross-country opportunities, and the vital role that Indigenous communities will play in future project development in Canada.
This afternoon session will feature a series of panels and speakers that will discuss a broad range of topics, including:
- a fireside chat with the Honourable George Pirie, Ontario’s Minister of Mines about Ontario’s critical minerals strategy, the Ring of Fire, and Indigenous partnerships and participation in current and future mining development in Ontario;
- presentations on the ground-breaking work of the First Nations Major Projects Coalition and the First Nations Climate Initiative;
- cross-country opportunities for Indigenous leadership, partnerships, and participation in projects including critical minerals, renewable energy, infrastructure and achieving net-zero;
- success stories from Indigenous communities and proponents about building strong relationships and partnerships on projects; and
- issues and opportunities relating to the financing of Indigenous interests in and ownership of projects and Indigenous considerations in assessing ESG for investments.
For questions about this seminar, please contact [email protected].
This program qualifies for up to 3.25 hours of CPD credit under the mandatory education regimes in British Columbia and Ontario.
Barreau du Québec Continuing Education: This program contains up to 2.75 hours of content. For more information regarding the declaration and recognition of educational activities, please contact the Barreau du Québec.
Note: The presentation will take place in our Toronto office and will be given in English only. For those participants who are not located in Toronto, we are offering this program via webinar. If you are interested in this alternative, please select the appropriate option during the online registration process. All instructions and information on how to access the webinar will be forwarded a few days before the event.
12:45 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. – Registration
1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. – Session
5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. – Reception