#ELXN44: What Is Old is New Again – The “New” Trudeau Government’s Impact on your Business
October 05, 2021
Time of event
Join McCarthy Tétrault’s political and legal panel as they discuss what a renewed Trudeau minority government means for your business and the Canadian economy. What does the status quo’s survival mean as we near two years of living with COVID-19?
The panel will assess the federal election results, consider an anticipated Cabinet shuffle, and share strategic insights from their unique experience as former senior politicians and seasoned legal professionals. The discussion will also address the ongoing and unprecedented macro-economic challenges facing Canada and the world, including the climate crisis, increasingly tense international relations and pandemic healthcare. Our experts will explain how the new Trudeau government will respond and what businesses can do to stay ahead of evolving government policy.
Panelists will include:
- The Honourable Jean Charest, former Deputy Prime Minister of Canada, former Premier of Quebec and Partner, McCarthy Tétrault
- Karine Joizil, Partner, McCarthy Tétrault
- Gillian Kerr, Partner, McCarthy Tétrault
- The Honourable Wayne Wouters, former Clerk of the Privy Council and Secretary to Cabinet PC, OC, Strategic and Policy Advisor, McCarthy Tétrault
- And moderating the discussion; Paul Zed, Former Member of Parliament and Chair of several parliamentary committees, Counsel and Strategic Advisor, McCarthy Tétrault
For questions about this webinar, please contact [email protected]
12:30 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. (EDT)
10:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. (MDT)
9:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. (PDT)
Federal Government Liberal Government