Competition Law and Accounting
May 9, 2023
Time of event
We cordially invite you to join McCarthy Tétrault for a two-part “Competition Law and Accounting” panel discussion as part of our Accounting Firm Series.
- Michael Caldecott, Partner, Competition/Antitrust & Foreign Investment Group, McCarthy Tétrault LLP, Toronto
- Kate McNeece, Partner, Competition/Antitrust & Foreign Investment Group, McCarthy Tétrault LLP, Toronto
- Moderator: Leah Ostler, Associate, Litigation Group, McCarthy Tétrault LLP, Toronto
Discussion topics include:
Part 1: Competition Law Refresher and Update
- Recent amendments to Canada's Competition Act
- Key competition law risk areas for accounting firms
- International learnings: UK competition authority's audit market study
Part 2: Competition law issue-spotting and opportunities for collaboration in different areas of your business
- Deal Advisory and Corporate Finance: merger review and document-creation best practices
- Risk consulting and advisory: building competition law into clients' compliance frameworks
- ESG- environmental claims and disclosures that could amount to "greenwashing", a form of deceptive marketing
Note: All instructions and information on how to access the webinar will be forwarded a few days before the event.
This program qualifies for up to 1 hour of CPD credit under the Law Society of Ontario and Law Society of BC’s mandatory education regimes.
Barreau du Québec Continuing Education: This program contains up to 1 hour of content. For more information regarding the declaration and recognition of educational activities, please contact the Barreau du Québec.
For questions about this seminar, please contact [email protected].
12:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m. (ET)