July 26, 2023
Time of event
Join McCarthy Tétrault’s National Appellate Litigation Group as we discuss appeals of importance to the Canadian business community during the last quarter. Each session brings you up-to-date on recent appellate developments across Canada. Topics to be discussed this quarter include:
- Supreme Court of Canada: Is provincial legislation regulating the possession and cultivation of cannabis plants constitutionally invalid on ‘division of powers’ grounds?
- Federal: Federal Court of Appeal’s latest jurisprudence on the method of Charter interpretation
- Ontario/Atlantic: Court of Appeal for Ontario’s decision on the duty of honest contractual performance and the presumption of loss
- Quebec: The Quebec Court of Appeal decides whether to stay proceedings in favour of a single common issue proceeding for national class actions
- Western Canada: BC Court of Appeal broadens the test for discrimination in employment based on family status
Note: All instructions and information on how to access the webinar will be forwarded a few days before the event.
This program qualifies for up to 1.5 hours of CPD credit under the mandatory education regimes in British Columbia and Ontario.
Barreau du Québec Continuing Education: This program contains 1.5 hours of content. For more information regarding the declaration and recognition of educational activities, please contact the Barreau du Québec.
For questions about this seminar, please contact [email protected].
1:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. (ET)
11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. (MT)
10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. (PT)