11th Annual Pension & Benefits Seminar - Presumption of Resumption: A Post-Pandemic Future?
November 23, 2021
Time of event
We are living through unprecedented times. A phrase that is so overly used is that we are moving into a “new normal”. In the pension world, our view is that the COVID-19 crisis will lead to an “accelerated normal”, and the lasting impact will be a renewed focus on best practices and the acceleration of trends. Pension plan sponsors and administrators need to consider strategically how their plan is positioned relative to these trends and if changes need to be made to better respond to the new challenges and opportunities presented.
Please join our panel of speakers as they examine key trends and best practices including legislative and case law developments, flexible plan governance and risk management, the use of ESG factors and long term objectives. Attendees will have an opportunity to ask questions at the end of the session.
- Some Things Never Stopped – A case law and legislative update
- Re-Inventing Your True Self – Strategies needed to prepare your organization for the next normal
- A Pocket Full of Policies – FSRA focusses on the role of administrator
- A Trilogy of Terror from the Virtual and Non-Virtual World – Minding the store in 2022
- Zoom and the Art of Pension Plan Maintenance – Review of real life plan administration scenarios and strategies
- Note: We are inviting suggestions of possible topics for our plan administration scenarios. If you have an interesting scenario that has puzzled you, please submit it here.
- Getting Warmer – Climate change and pensions
- Trends in investment regarding climate change specifically and ESG generally
- Nascent maturation giving way to more tangible and meaningful action items
- Tyler Brady, Senior Pension Specialist, Enbridge
- Gareth Gibbins, Vice President, Pension Legal & Plan Policy, OMERS Administration Corporation
- Randy Bauslaugh, Partner and Co-Lead, National Pensions, Benefits & Executive Compensation Group, McCarthy Tétrault LLP
- Kelleher Lynch, Associate, National Pensions, Benefits & Executive Compensation Group, McCarthy Tétrault LLP
- Tracy Solhi, Associate, National Pensions, Benefits & Executive Compensation Group, McCarthy Tétrault LLP
- Deron Waldock, Partner and Co-Lead, National Pensions, Benefits & Executive Compensation Group, McCarthy Tétrault LLP
- Gregory Winfield, Counsel, National Pensions, Benefits & Executive Compensation Group, McCarthy Tétrault LLP
Note: All instructions and information on how to access the webinar will be forwarded a few days before the event.
This program qualifies for up to 2 hours of CPD credit under the mandatory education regimes in British Columbia and Ontario.
Barreau du Québec Continuing Education: This program contains up to 2 hours of content. For more information regarding the declaration and recognition of educational activities, please contact the Barreau du Québec.
For questions about this seminar, please contact [email protected].
Tuesday, November 23, 2021
11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. (ET)
9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. (MT)
8:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. (PT)