Cybersecurity Blog Series from McCarthy Tétrault’s Cyber/Data Group
This article is part of our Cybersecurity Blog Series, which is intended to provide readers with a 360° view on cybersecurity. To view other blog posts in the series, scroll down to the bottom of this article.
The privacy and data landscape in Canada is constantly shifting. From high-profile cybersecurity incidents to rapidly evolving rules and regulations, the privacy and data space is difficult to navigate – but also presents many business opportunities. Taking advantage of these opportunities and avoiding pitfalls requires staying ahead of the latest developments and a thorough understanding of the privacy and data regime.
McCarthy Tétrault’s Cybersecurity Blog Series is designed to give you valuable insights on the latest cybersecurity developments, so you can guard against the threat of data breaches and achieve your business goals. Featuring posts from our multidisciplinary Cyber/Data experts, the series will cover trends in cybersecurity, including preparedness, maintaining privilege, notification obligations and a wide range of other key topics.
With immense experience in privacy, data protection and cybersecurity and a track record in advising key sectors on critical issues in novel and complex areas of law, McCarthy Tétrault’s Cyber/Data Group can help you navigate through the privacy and data landscape so you can leverage the value of data, develop responsible AI practices, protect your organization’s assets and cement customers’ and clients’ digital trust.
Subscribe to our TechLex blog to receive the latest posts in the series.
Cybersecurity Blog Series and Related Insights:
- Emerging Developments in Ransomware
- Getting Cyber Insurance Right: 5 Practical Tips
- Ransomware: avoidance and response
- Reducing Risk and Fostering Breach Resilience via Privacy by Design
- Preparedness and response planning best practices
- Landmark ruling: The Superior Court dismisses a class action over the loss of personal information in Lamoureux v. OCRCVM, 2021 QCCS 1093
- Protecting Legal Privilege in a Data Breach Response
- IIROC Publishes Notice Regarding Ransomware Attacks
To learn more about developing a cybersecurity strategy and an incident response plan, download a copy of our Cybersecurity Risk Management: A Practical Guide for Businesses or visit the Cyber/Data homepage.