McCarthy Tétrault to Host Presentation on Recent Landmark Commercial Appeals
On March 7, 2012, our National Appellate Litigation Group will discuss significant commercial appeals recently decided in 2011 or to be decided in 2012. Tailored to corporate counsel as well as senior business executives responsible for instructing counsel, our experts will address how these decisions impact various obligations and exposures that are part of everyday business processes and outcomes, both immediately and looking forward.
- Neil Finkelstein will discuss selected cases currently before the Supreme Court of Canada
- Dana Peebles will discuss “material misrepresentations” in securities litigation (Sharbern Holding)
- Geoff Hall will present on pension and insolvency priorities (the Indalex appeal)
- Sarit Batner will discuss the new summary judgment test in Ontario (Combined Air Mechanical)
- Brandon Kain will examine the role of arbitration clauses in class actions (Seidel v. TELUS Communications)
If you are interested in attending this event, please contact Zahra Malik at [email protected].
This program qualifies for up to 1.5 Substantive CPD credits for Ongoing Members under the LSUC MCPD Regime. It does not qualify for Professionalism or New Member credit.