Skip to content.

Client Complaints Procedure


Resolution of concerns/complaints

We want to give you the best possible service. However, if at any point you become unhappy or concerned about the service we have provided (or our charges), you should inform us immediately, so that we can do our best to resolve the problem.

In the first instance, it may be helpful to contact a relevant fee earner who is working on your matter to discuss your concerns and we will do our best to resolve any issues.  If, for whatever reason, a relevant fee earner is unable to resolve the issue to your satisfaction, or if you would prefer to discuss with someone else, please contact our Managing Partner in London who will be happy to discuss the matter with you.  An inquiry of our switchboard or website will reveal the name and contact details of the Managing Partner, and any relevant fee earner will be happy to provide such details to you. We aim to investigate complaints fairly and we try to respond to them as quickly as circumstances allow.


What to do if we cannot resolve your concerns/complaint

The Legal Ombudsman may be able to help you if we are unable to resolve your concern/complaint ourselves.  If permitted by their rules, they will look at your concern/complaint independently and it will not affect how we handle your matter.

Before accepting a concern/complaint for investigation, the Legal Ombudsman will check that you have tried to resolve your concern/complaint with us first.  If you have, then generally speaking, in order to engage the Legal Ombudsman you must take your concern/complaint to them within six months of receiving a final response to your concern/complaint AND also:

  • no more than six years from the date of the relevant act/omission; or
  • no more than three years from when you should reasonably have known there was cause for complaint.

If you would like more information about the Legal Ombudsman, please contact them at the following details:


Call: 0300 555 0333 between 09.00 hrs to 17.00 hrs on working days.

Email: [email protected]

Address: Legal Ombudsman PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ


What to do if you are unhappy with our behaviour

The Solicitors Regulation Authority can help if you are concerned about our behaviour.  This could be for things like dishonesty, taking or losing your money or treating you unfairly because of your age, a disability or other characteristic.

Visit their website (e.g. at to see how you can raise your concerns with the Solicitors Regulation Authority.


Other points

If your concern/complaint is about a bill you may have a right to apply to the court for an assessment of the bill under Part III of the Solicitors Act 1974.  If you apply for an assessment, the Legal Ombudsman may not deal with your concern/complaint. 

If all or part of a bill remains unpaid, we may be entitled to charge interest.

You will not be charged for the cost of handling any concern/complaint.