January 31, 2020
At McCarthy Tétrault, we offer challenging and rewarding career opportunities and are delighted to have been selected as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers 2020 for the eighth consecutive year. Our culture is built on professional excellence, collaboration, innovation, thought leadership and entrepreneurialism. We embrace inclusion in all its forms and we provide the tools and opportunities to help our people develop to their full potential.
Our Vendor Management Office (VMO) is currently seeking a Vendor Manager. This is a permanent, full-time position based in our downtown Toronto office.
As a Vendor Manager, you will:
- Manage key vendor relationships, including developing relationships and leveraging vendors as a source of innovation and growth, optimizing costs and ensuring vendor performance.
- Partner with internal clients to evaluate, identify and recommend vendors and products aligned with business needs.
- Lead, develop and guide the execution of RFP, RFI, RFQ and other sourcing strategies in accordance with VMO policies.
- Collaborate with all functional groups to ensure business requirements are captured and represented in contractual documentation.
- Create, review and negotiate contracts, SOWs, and License Agreements, recommending changes in accordance with the Firm’s preferred terms, liaising with Legal department to coordinate legal review and ensuring the appropriate process is followed both internally and externally.
- Seek out, recommend and drive cost-savings initiatives.
- Perform detailed Spend, Total Cost of Ownership, and other analysis and market research to support the sourcing process.
- Make procurement recommendations to internal clients, including new sourcing areas to look at and review based on future opportunities for cost reduction, process improvements and new services/supplies available.
- Manage vendors through scorecards and other tools of performance and risk management, including quarterly vendor performance reporting.
- Manage and monitor contracts for compliance throughout the Contract Lifecycle.
- Coordinate contract database on a daily basis; run searches in SharePoint.
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant vendor management experience in a corporate setting.
- Post-secondary education and/or certification relevant to the Vendor Management profession.
- Experience leading cross-functional projects including the ability to influence without authority and communicate effectively at all levels of an organization.
- Strong understanding of contract governance and management. IT contract management experience is an asset.
- Proven negotiation skills.
- Exceptional technical ability, including strong skills with MS Office and MS Project. Experience with SharePoint is an asset.
- The ability to handle tight deadlines with strong organization, work management and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to find creative solutions to contractual issues to reach a resolution, taking a pragmatic approach to balance legal risks against business interests.
- Understanding of Project Management methodology.
- Solid financial and analytical aptitude.
- Legal drafting experience is an asset.
- Bilingualism (French/English) is an asset.
As a member of the McCarthy team, you will have access to:
- Outstanding benefits from day one, including insurance premiums paid by the Firm, fitness and tuition reimbursements, on-site yoga and second language classes
- Competitive compensation and generous time off, including a day off to volunteer and a Summer Friday program.
- A commitment to professional development and growth opportunities for our people at all levels, supported by a culture that fully embraces and encourages two-way feedback
- Strong community involvement and a commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion
- A collaborative, cohesive culture that connects lawyers and business teams through collective purpose
How to apply:
We invite you to submit your application to [email protected]. We thank all applicants for their interest in McCarthy Tétrault; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about application status. McCarthy Tétrault is an equal opportunity employer that fosters an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment. Please notify us if you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process.