October 08, 2020
At McCarthy Tétrault, we offer challenging and rewarding career opportunities and are delighted to have been selected as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers 2020 for the eighth consecutive year. Our culture is built on professional excellence, collaboration, innovation, thought leadership and entrepreneurialism. We embrace inclusion in all its forms and we provide the tools and opportunities to help our people develop to their full potential.
As a Vendor Analyst, you will be :
- Creating and issuing contract extensions using templates, and making sure all necessary parties have signed. Submitting records of these to vendors and entering them into Firm’s database.
- Entering all vendor information into the Vendor Management Office Database, including copies of all documentation, such as Purchase Orders (POs), Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDA), Master Service Agreements (MSA), Statements of Work (SOW), and budget tracking sheets.
- Creating monthly Vendor Spend Reports, matching results with budget and investigating any abnormal changes from previous months.
- Creating SOW's by collaborating with internal and external parties. Reviewing and revising SOW's from frequently used vendors.
- Engaging in vendor meetings to support and assess existing vendors and to evaluate potential vendors
- Collaborating with internal partners and external partners for all project-related and BAU purchases
- Managing vendor escalations as required
- Creating RFP's as required.
- Ensuring that security protocol is followed including liasing with the vendor and IT Security Team to ensure that vendor questionnaires and assessments are completed, and are reviewed on an annual basis
- Working with vendors to investigate any missing shipments
- Preparing comprehensive vendor analysis for functional group directors as required
- Coordinating and managing vendor codes.
- Ensuring that contract extensions are facilitated prior to an expiry date
- Researching and analyzing contractual documentation for all relevant information such as contract type, contract amendments and contractual obligation.
Procure to Pay and Spend Control Management
- Managing incoming invoices via mail and email and ensuring timely payment by filing with Accounts Payable (A/P) for processing.
- Managing, logging, and matching invoices with purchase orders, and ensuring no variance between the budgeted and invoiced amounts.
- Comparing invoices with terms/conditions, contracts, POs, and previous month’s invoices in order to assure correct billing.
- Investigating invoices returned from A/P if unable to be paid in regards to corrections needed, improper vendors or coding.
- Investigating past due invoices and communicating findings to vendors and or A/P.
- Logging invoice details in the appropriate Budget & PO Tracking Sheets
- Obtain multiple quotes for IT purchases to ensure that the best pricing is obtained
- Facilitate training for all users of the P2P application on processes.
- Manage the P2P application by creating templates, PMC updating ARG, creating PO templates, maintaining user profiles, vendor information, managing GL links for ARG.
- Create and/or update documents to support day-to day tasks (PC advisory - document, Software renewals calendar, PMC Handbook)
- Check Query Desk daily to ensure that questioned invoices are accurate
- Investigate and submit issues directly to the vendor related to the P2P environment and attend regular meetings to discuss
- Support budget owners for year end budgeting process to ensure all analysis is accurate as per contract terms and fee schedules
Subscription and Service Renewals Management
- Managing subscriptions/service renewals including confirming whether services are still required.
- Verifying number of licenses/users with appropriate department.
- Verifying costs and contract terms with vendors.
- Keeping tabs on rising costs and negotiating for lowest possible costs.
- Update Vendor Management Office database to ensure renewals are captured
- Creating and maintaining tracking sheets/matrices to ensure all renewals are captured correctly and proactively managed
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in similar procurement and/or financial environment.
- Superior interpersonal and client service skills and comfortable working with senior executives, internal clients, staff and vendors.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to solicit cooperation without authority.
- Great attention to accuracy and detail along with exceptional analytical skills.
- Self-starter who takes initiative with exceptional organizational and time management skills, and who works efficiently with minimum supervision.
- Creative problem solver with great ability to multi-task.
- Ability to maintain a fast pace and manage multiple demands under pressure by prioritizing, being practical and results-oriented.
- High level of service orientation with the ability to problem solve independently and practically.
- Ability to develop strong professional relationships.
How to apply:
We invite you to submit your application to [email protected]. We thank all applicants for their interest in McCarthy Tétrault; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about application status. McCarthy Tétrault is an equal opportunity employer that fosters an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment. Please notify us if you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process.