Trust Accounts Coordinator
January 08, 2019
- Performing clerical functions related to trust accounting, as follow:
- Handling trust deposits, including preparing bank deposits and updating trust registers
- Preparing and distributing trust cheques as required
- Establishing, redeeming and coordinating with banks and staff/lawyers, all trust investments and updating registers accordingly
- Ensuring that reconciling items on monthly bank reconciliations are cleared on a timely basis
- Handling trust inquiries from staff, lawyers, clients and banks as required
- Reconciling and distributing annual T5’s/1099’s received from the banks
- Posting monthly and annual interests of invested funds
- Adhering to all law society trust rules and firm trust policies
- Filing all documents relating to trust for proper audit trails
- Preparing trust analysis reports as required.
- Acting as back-up for other trust coordinators.
- Assisting in completing law society annual trust forms as required.
- Preparing annual trust balance information for banks for insurance purposes (CDIC).
- College Diploma in Accounting
- Minimum of 2 years of accounting experience an asset
- Experience with banking is an asset
- Superior interpersonal and client service skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to solicit cooperation without authority.
- Great attention to detail with a commitment to quality performance.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume to:
E-mail : [email protected]
McCarthy Tétrault is an equal opportunity employer that fosters an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment. We thank all applicants for their interest in McCarthy Tétrault; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about application status.