Talent Acquisition Specialist
September 10, 2021
At McCarthy Tétrault, we offer challenging and rewarding career opportunities and are delighted to have been selected as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers 2021 for the ninth consecutive year. Our culture is built on professional excellence, collaboration, innovation, thought leadership and entrepreneurialism. We embrace inclusion in all its forms and we provide the tools and opportunities to help our people develop to their full potential.
Our Talent Acquisition (“TA”) team drives a top-notch candidate experience and partners with business leaders across all offices to attract and hire the right talent. The TA Specialist proactively sources strong talent for designated client groups, and guides hiring managers using expert recruitment and job market knowledge. We are fun, curious, driven and supportive – join us if you are interested in honing your corporate recruitment skills and if the professional culture of a Top Employer and top-tier law firm appeals to you!
As a TA Specialist, you will be:
- Leading full-cycle recruitment for designated client groups nationally.
- Partnering with hiring managers throughout the recruitment lifecycle, advising on strategies to efficiently recruit qualified talent, foster a positive and inclusive candidate experience, and follow unbiased, objective selection practices. Coaching and supporting hiring managers in preparing for and conducting interviews, providing feedback as necessary.
- Attracting applicants by using innovative sourcing strategies including online search methods, professional networking and social media networks. Using knowledge of target markets to adjust sourcing strategy accordingly.
- Building McCarthy’s brand in the marketplace by providing an exceptional candidate experience, seeking candidate feedback and recommending improvements.
- Supporting the growth of the Talent Acquisition function by leading projects to improve related policy, processes and tools. Projects may be related to inclusive hiring, employer brand, strategic sourcing using innovative eRecruiting methods, developing tools and templates, etc.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with external recruitment agencies to ensure qualified representation externally, and timely and cost-effective solutions to hiring needs.
- Collecting and providing recruitment analytics for dashboard reporting.
- Providing support to Senior Functional Leaders by responding to requests for recruitment-related information and conducting research, and providing recruitment status updates and metrics as needed.
- Providing support to the Firm in the interpretation and execution of policies and procedures related to Talent Acquisition.
- Improving organization attractiveness by researching best practices, monitoring job offers and compensation practices and emphasizing benefits and perks.
- Understanding current legislation in order to ensure that hiring managers are compliant with regulations, recommending new procedures and conducting training as required.
- Maintaining job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, maintaining professional networks and/or participating in professional organizations.
- Providing backup support for all client groups (owned by other TA Specialists), as needed.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- Exceptional client service orientation, and the ability to balance support with expert guidance throughout the hiring process.
- Collaborative approach to problem-solving and relationship development, and ability to work and communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the Firm.
- Strong sense of initiative, ability to manage multiple job requisitions simultaneously, and ability to adjust to changing priorities.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Talent Acquisition role and post-secondary education with HR focus.
- Solid proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Strong knowledge and familiarity with recruitment technology and eRecruiting, including ATS, LinkedIn Recruiter, and other social media channels for recruitment purposes. Demonstrated ability to strategically source and build a network of desired talent.
- CHRP or recruiting designation an asset.
- Experience with talent acquisition analytics and reporting is an asset.
How to apply:
We invite you to submit your application to [email protected]. We thank all applicants for their interest in McCarthy Tétrault; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about application status. McCarthy Tétrault is an equal opportunity employer that fosters an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment. Please notify us if you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process.
Please note that, applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment from McCarthy Tétrault will be required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada as a condition of employment and to maintain their status as fully vaccinated as a condition of continued employment. McCarthy Tétrault will consider individual requests for accommodation by applicants who cannot be fully vaccinated due to health or other grounds.