Student Program Coordinator
August 23, 2019
Student Program Coordination
- Coordinating secondments, on-boarding, departures and rotations of Summer Students, Articling Students and/or Co-op Students.
- Assisting in the development, coordination and facilitation of the Summer Student, Articling Student and/or Co-op Student Orientation, and liaising with various departments to establish new hire training programs and to facilitate payroll.
- Organizing social events for students.
- Ensuring that all student activities and documents are completed in accordance with the relevant Law Society or Québec Bar policies and procedures and that relevant fees are paid on behalf of articling students.
- Administering the student performance process by tracking student performance reviews, following up on feedback and coordinating review schedule.
- Supporting the Director, Student Programs and the Practice Groups in preparing and organizing information in connection with the hire back process.
- Providing guidance to students and lawyers by advising on Firm and Student Program protocol, practices and procedures.
Law School Liaison and Recruitment
- Liaising with law schools regarding various activities and events, issues and concerns, and providing written material and required correspondence as necessary.
- Reviewing with the Director, Student Programs recruitment marketing collateral and suggesting updates and changes. Liaising with the Marketing Department to coordinate changes to collateral.
- Coordinating, where relevant, the Summer Student, Articling Student and/or Co-op Student recruitment process, including: organizing applications, creating interview schedules, and preparing information manuals.
- Maintaining Student Program file records and, where appropriate, completing program profile sheets for events to ensure record is up to date.
- Attending Student Committee meetings and preparing agendas, reports/statistics and minutes, as required.
- Maintaining the retention and integrity of confidential student personnel file.
- Completed post-secondary education in Human Resources or another related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience, ideally acquired in a legal or professional services environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in French and English. Ability to write in cogent, concise business language and communicate effectively across multiple levels of the organization.
- Values and embraces the firm’s commitment to diversity, inclusion and community engagement.
- Exceptional ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Must be flexible during heavy workload periods. Job can require flexible lunch hours and some evening work will be necessary for events and during recruitment periods.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume to:
E-mail : [email protected]
McCarthy Tétrault is an equal opportunity employer that fosters an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment. We thank all applicants for their interest in McCarthy Tétrault; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about application status.
Job ID: S798