Service Desk Analyst
January 08, 2020
At McCarthy Tétrault, we offer challenging and rewarding career opportunities and are delighted to have been selected as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers 2020 for the eighth consecutive year. Our culture is built on professional excellence, collaboration, innovation, thought leadership and entrepreneurialism. We embrace inclusion in all its forms and we provide the tools and opportunities to help our people develop to their full potential.
As a Service Desk Analyst, you will be:
- Ensuring a seamless delivery of all interactive communication technologies (Web presentations, Video Conferencing, Teleconferencing, etc.) to end users by setting up the boardroom as required with laptop, desktop, video conference or other requirements. Testing the equipment to ensure it is fully functional.
- Responding to telephone calls, e-mails, voicemails and drop-bys for technical support and “how to” support in a timely manner.
- Documenting, logging and tracking all calls, e-mails, voicemails and drop-bys using case management software.
- Managing escalation and retaining problem ownership (track call, remote control, research and update knowledgebase).
- Identifying, researching, troubleshooting and resolving technical problems on any related application or hardware.
- Providing one-on-one training to end users for specific hardware and software issues.
- Offering occasional external client support when issues arise with documents received from clients or issues with email;
- Escalating and liaising with other IT teams to resolve problems.
- Installing, configuring and testing applications.
- Reviewing new applications, upgrading and identifying potential problems.
- Assisting in the development of Firm produced application manuals by providing “hands on” technical verification of the documentation and procedures.
- Contributing to and helping maintain knowledge base tool.
- Reviewing support issues and procedures and recommending solutions (trend analysis).
- Participating in interdepartmental project teams.
- Managing requests for loaner notebooks and other equipment including setup and testing.
- Refreshing PC’s as needed.
- Occasionally and when necessary, communicating with third party vendors to resolve application and hardware error issues.
- Directing end users to appropriate self-support tools and/or handouts.
- Providing remote access (home) telephone support.
- Troubleshooting and repairing hardware and network connectivity issues. Working with vendors as necessary on purchases, RMA’s and fixes.
- Coordinating equipment moves including new hires and departures i.e. removing old equipment and performing data migration to new machines.
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- College diploma in Computer Systems, Systems Administration, or related technical discipline;
- Minimum of 3-5 years of related experience preferably in a professional services environment.
- Good analytical problem solving skills; ability to troubleshoot and resolve application problems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and telephone manners; ability to correspond with lawyers and staff as well as create end user documentation.
- Experience with Enterprise Service Management software, such as ServiceNow or Remedy
- Ability to transfer knowledge in an efficient, pleasant, and effective way using a variety of techniques.
- Patience, flexibility and an ability to deal with and manage difficult situations.
- Capacity to adapt to different work schedules (week, weekends and statutory holidays).
- Willingness to learn new software applications.
- Understanding of ITIL, and its basic fundamentals
As a member of the McCarthy team, you will have access to:
- Outstanding benefits from day one, including insurance premiums paid by the Firm, fitness and tuition reimbursements, on-site yoga and second language classes
- Competitive compensation and generous time off, including a day off to volunteer and a Summer Friday program.
- A commitment to professional development and growth opportunities for our people at all levels, supported by a culture that fully embraces and encourages two-way feedback
- Strong community involvement and a commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion
- A collaborative, cohesive culture that connects lawyers and business teams through collective purpose
How to apply:
We invite you to submit your application to [email protected]. We thank all applicants for their interest in McCarthy Tétrault; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about application status. McCarthy Tétrault is an equal opportunity employer that fosters an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment. Please notify us if you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process.