Senior Project Manager
February 16, 2021
At McCarthy Tétrault, we offer challenging and rewarding career opportunities and are delighted to have been selected as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers 2021 for the ninth consecutive year. Our culture is built on professional excellence, collaboration, innovation, thought leadership and entrepreneurialism. We embrace inclusion in all its forms and we provide the tools and opportunities to help our people develop to their full potential.
As a Senior Project Manager, you will be:
Managing Projects and Project teams by:
- Building and leading the project team.
- Creating and executing project work plans and revising as appropriate through change control procedures.
- Gathering business and technical requirements for proposed projects and establishing appropriate project design through a full understanding of business requirements.
- Managing changing priorities to complete project delivery within defined constraints.
- Identifying resources needed and assigning individual responsibilities.
- Managing day-to-day operational aspects of projects and/or programs including scope and deliverables.
- Applying Firm methodology effectively and enforcing project standards.
- Preparing for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures.
- Developing an appropriate risk management plan on all projects, ensuring timely response and escalation of issues that can lead to unexpected changes in time, quality, scope and budget.
- Ensuring project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Managing the execution of projects leveraging proven project management methodologies and best practices.
- Working closely and maintaining strong work relationships with stakeholders and sponsors from all functional areas of business.
- Developing and maintaining key project documentation, including the project plan, periodic reports, schedule, issues, quality and risk documents.
- Creating and tracking project budgets.
- Managing all project resources including external consultants and vendors, if applicable.
- Conducting appropriate project meetings, including Project Kickoff, Team and Steering Committee meetings.
- Developing and delivering presentations and communications throughout the project life cycle, as necessary.
- Overseeing key project components including communication plans, change management plans, training plans, testing plans and roll-out plans.
- Ensuring sufficient communication is taking place, at an appropriate level of detail, to keep stakeholders appropriately aware of project statuses.
- Maintaining strict confidentiality at all times. May be assisting Business Analysts with identification of business requirements, integration needs, baseline metrics, feasibility studies and cost benefit analyses.
- May be fulfilling the functions of a Business Analyst on certain projects.
- May be assisting in the creation of a project business case.
- Documenting lessons learned and facilitating their translation into ‘Best Practices’.
Project and Portfolio Management Practices and Capabilities by:
- Providing basic project management training, coaching and mentoring for project team members.
- Identifying and recommending enhancements to the project management methodology and toolset.
- May be participating in portfolio creation and management.
- Encouraging the use of appropriate and effective project management practices.
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- Strong experience using project management methodology.
- Experience with and strong knowledge of the project management life cycle including experience in a leadership role.
- PMP certification is an asset.
- Experience executing different types and sizes of projects, across a physically distributed environment.
- Experience in process improvement.
- Experience guiding others through project processes, and influencing them without formal authority.
- Practice in facilitating the definition of appropriate project scope, goals and deliverables.
- Risk, change and knowledge management.
How to apply:
We invite you to submit your application to [email protected] We thank all applicants for their interest in McCarthy Tétrault; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about application status. McCarthy Tétrault is an equal opportunity employer that fosters an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment. Please notify us if you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process.