Senior Manager, Digital Marketing
September 24, 2020
Innovative Law Firm Seeking a Seasoned Sr. Marketing Manager
McCarthy Tétrault, Canada’s first national law firm is leading the charge to adapt to changing client needs through the re-imagining of our service offerings. Our culture is collaborative, inclusive, diverse, entrepreneurial and evolves with the pace of business. We offer sophisticated legal and business advice that incents efficiency, leverages our deep industry knowledge and our national resources for a seamless and effective service experience that solves our clients' most complex problems.
Our Clients & Markets/Client Service Innovation team brings market strategy and service delivery innovation under one umbrella to ensure the needs of our clients are always top of mind. Our team plays an integral role in advancing the firm's ambitious strategy at the vanguard of the legal industry.
Our firm is looking for a dynamic and seasoned data-driven, full-stack Sr. Marketing Manager who is as passionate about strategy as they are about execution. Reporting to the Director, Client & Markets (Marketing & Communications), this role will own and drive demand-gen focused, integrated marketing initiatives with a strong focus on digital for the Firm.
The candidate should have experience scaling digital marketing capabilities including identifying and implementing new technological solutions, preferably within a large, matrixed organization, ensuring alignment of go-to-market priorities with Firm strategy.
In this role, you will work directly with the Director of Marketing & Communications in the following areas:
- Digital Presence- Accountable for all internal and external digital channels. Driving channel strategy, working alongside digital marketing specialist to conduct assessments of capabilities and performance, execute ongoing enhancements to the firm website, microsites, social media, blogs and digital marketing tools, perform marketing analytics, regularly report and make recommendations on actionable insights to maintain best-in-class digital presence.
- Email Marketing- Oversee email marketing for the firm, working with Digital Specialist and CRM team to institute and maintain best practices, SOPs and policies to comply with CASL and implement new technological solutions to drive deeper audience engagement and drive business objectives. Responsible for reporting on performance, process enhancements and overseeing annual email marketing audit.
- Data Analytics- Perform data analytics, synthesize quantitative and qualitative findings into actionable insights and communicate them in a compelling, digestible way. Develop weekly reports and dashboards to track performance and leverage insights to optimize digital marketing campaigns for all digital channels (web, social etc.). Enhance the firm’s data analytics practice, staying apprised of developments and implementing as appropriate.
- Content Marketing and Management- Lead content marketing and channel strategy, establishing annual and campaign goals, project roadmaps and implementation plans. Implement strategies in partnership with marketing and communications team, monitor results and generate weekly and ad hoc reports with recommendations on how to further drive performance.
- Visual Identity/Brand Position- Manage the firm’s in-house and external designers, ensuring production and delivery of timely content aligned to the firm’s brand and strategy. Ensure consistent look and feel across firm collateral and assets (internal and external). Ensure visual identity materials and guidelines remain up to date and ensure the design offerings meet the evolving business needs of the firm.
- People Leadership- Manage a team of 4 direct reports across Design and Digital functions. Translate vision and strategy into understandable goals, plans and priorities. Building a shared commitment to achieve Clients and Markets and Firm goals. Manage workforce and workflow, based on budget and business needs. Support the development of team members by providing continuous feedback, coaching and recognition, enabling others to grow and succeed. Foster team member accountability related to their career and development. Recommend the development plans for direct and indirect reports. Building relationships across functions and regions to achieve and improve results. Effectively lead and manage change.
- Continuous Improvement- Leverage Marketing Intelligence, customer and marketplace insights to optimize strategy and executional elements. Develop new frameworks, approaches and techniques in addition to building on existing ones.
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- Undergraduate degree in Marketing or a related field required. MBA/JD/LLB advanced degree preferred.
- At least eight (8) years of marketing or business development experience preferably in B2B
- A strong operational management capability and ability to create synergy through cooperation with multiple stakeholder groups
- Strong strategy development, proven ability to think quickly and critically on a broad range of marketing topics and simplify and distill complex problems into intuitive and elegant experiences
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to communicate and present complex ideas effectively across all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated aptitude with digital and analytics platforms (Google Analytics), CSM, CRM tools (Salesforce), SEO and social media channels (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram)
- Bias towards action and solutions-oriented mindset.
- Professional attitude and service orientation; with exceptional stakeholder engagement and management skills.
- Bilingualism (French/English) required
How to apply:
We invite you to submit you application to [email protected].We thank all applicants for their interest in McCarthy Tétrault; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about application status. McCarthy Tétrault is an equal opportunity employer that fosters an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment. Please notify us if you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process.