Senior Financial Analyst
February 05, 2020
At McCarthy Tétrault, we offer challenging and rewarding career opportunities and are delighted to have been selected as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers 2020 for the eighth consecutive year. Our culture is built on professional excellence, collaboration, innovation, thought leadership and entrepreneurialism. We embrace inclusion in all its forms and we provide the tools and opportunities to help our people develop to their full potential.
As a Senior Financial Analyst, you will:
- Prepare monthly department expense reports and management reporting packages.
- Assist with the preparation of executive, board and budget briefings.
- Assist with various other reports and summaries as required
- Preparation of monthly close journal entries.
- Preparation of various account reconciliations.
- Maintains the fixed asset sub-ledger in accordance with the capital assets policy.
- Tracking, reporting and comparing to budget the committed and projected entity expenditures for fixed assets.
- Preparing intercompany account analysis and other reconciliations as requested
- Supports the audit and taxation processes.
- Prepares insurance renewal documentation.
- Assist with various finance projects as well partnering with other functional groups on projects impacting finance.
- Undertakes business process efficiency reviews, takes ownership of tasks and system automation opportunities.
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- University degree and Accounting designation.
- Minimum 5 years of accounting or finance experience or a related undergraduate degree.
- Advanced excel skills, including familiarity with Pivot Tables, H-Lookup, V-Lookup, Macros, or demonstrated ability to learn quickly.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- High ownership and accountability
- Strong analytical skills and accounting technical knowledge
- Understanding of the Canadian tax rules is an asset
- Database and Business Intelligence experience (e.g. SQL or other database software) is an asset
As a member of the McCarthy team, you will have access to:
- Outstanding benefits from day one, including insurance premiums paid by the Firm, fitness and tuition reimbursements, on-site yoga and second language classes
- Competitive compensation and generous time off, including a day off to volunteer and a Summer Friday program.
- A commitment to professional development and growth opportunities for our people at all levels, supported by a culture that fully embraces and encourages two-way feedback
- Strong community involvement and a commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion
- A collaborative, cohesive culture that connects lawyers and business teams through collective purpose
How to apply:
We invite you to submit your application to [email protected]. We thank all applicants for their interest in McCarthy Tétrault; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about application status. McCarthy Tétrault is an equal opportunity employer that fosters an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment. Please notify us if you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process.