Senior E-Discovery Manager, MT>3
January 11, 2021
At McCarthy Tétrault, we offer challenging and rewarding career opportunities and are delighted to have been selected as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers 2021 for the ninth consecutive year. Our culture is built on professional excellence, collaboration, innovation, thought leadership and entrepreneurialism. We embrace inclusion in all its forms and we provide the tools and opportunities to help our people develop to their full potential.
MT>3, a division of McCarthy Tétrault, is focused on providing legal and strategic advice on the management of all phases of e-Discovery in complex litigation, investigations, Competition Bureau requests, and other disclosure projects. We excel at managing e-Discovery projects and overseeing significant document review projects.
As a Senior E-Discovery Analyst, you will:
Workspaces / E-Discovery Applications
- Maintain, support and troubleshoot existing E-Discovery applications and workspaces.
- Perform administrative tasks such as creating, modifying, restoring and archiving workspaces, creating and maintaining user accounts and user permissions, and managing background processing tasks.
- Troubleshoot application issues, and work with support resources to ensure high availability of e-discovery applications.
- Work with client resources and lawyers to assist the client in forensically collecting digital information
- Perform forensic data collection work, on site or remotely
Data Receipt / Review / Processing / Loading / Export
- Maintain chain of custody and evidence log of all incoming and outgoing data.
- Perform technical review of client-provided data, including following up where appropriate.
- Process and load client data and images into E-Discovery databases, including creation or modification of load files as required.
- Produce data metrics reports.
- Working with lawyers, project managers, paralegals and law clerks to analyze and cull processed data before loading into review tool.
- Perform image OCR on documents as needed.
- Migrate processed data and incoming load files into review tool.
- Configure and generate document productions in accordance with project manager instructions.
- Understand and adhere to forensic and firm standards for the receipt of original media, source data, and electronic evidence.
General / Team
- Assist E-Discovery project managers, law clerks and paralegals with E-Discovery team meetings, workspace configuration, user accounts and permission, and resource allocation; assist in implementing E-Discovery and related IT application procedures and best practices.
- Serve as primary contact to resolve software/hardware issues related to E-Discovery applications and workspace issues.
- Assist lawyers, project managers, paralegals to create searches and manage advanced review processes such as continuous active learning.
- Assist lawyers, project managers, paralegals and law clerks with the set-up and use of technology tools in examinations and courtroom presentations.
- Participating in firm-wide “E-Discovery Help Desk” and assist IT staff to understand and assist with supporting litigation-specific applications.
- Review system logs regularly to spot potential problems.
- Complete daily billing time records in an accurate and timely manner and in accordance with E-Discovery standard docketing practices.
- Utilize firm procedures and resources appropriately.
- Perform other duties, including special projects, as assigned.
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- Relativity Certification – current and maintained minimum 2 of the following:
- Certified User/Project Management Specialist/Analytics Specialist or Certified Administrator.
- University or college degree in a related field.
- Minimum 10 years of law firm, or in-house practice support, preferably with a focus on litigation, including e-discovery data management.
- Preference given to legal experience specifically related to electronic document discovery, E-Discovery software, and electronic trial support.
- Strong problem-solving skills, including analysis, critical thinking, and the ability to self-learn new technologies and techniques without formal training.
- Ability to interact confidently with lawyers and clients.
- Capacity to handle high-pressure situations and deadlines.
- Ability to accommodate changing internal and external team requirements while maintaining data integrity.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to accommodate occasional travel and overtime.
- Ability to adhere to strict confidentiality standards.
How to apply:
We invite you to submit your application to [email protected]. We thank all applicants for their interest in McCarthy Tétrault; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about application status. McCarthy Tétrault is an equal opportunity employer that fosters an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment. Please notify us if you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process.