Senior Cloud Infrastructure Analyst
November 11, 2020
At McCarthy Tétrault, we offer challenging and rewarding career opportunities and are delighted to have been selected as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers 2020 for the eighth consecutive year. Our culture is built on professional excellence, collaboration, innovation, thought leadership and entrepreneurialism. We embrace inclusion in all its forms and we provide the tools and opportunities to help our people develop to their full potential.
As a Senior Cloud Infrastructure Analyst, you will be:
- Supporting the Director, Technology Infrastructure & Operations (TI&O) in the administration and coordination of the cloud and infrastructure portfolio life cycle. The portfolio life cycle entails the design, development, deployment, maintenance (including break fix and patching), capacity planning, refreshes, and end of life decommissioning of the cloud/infrastructure portfolio, which includes data centre, public & private cloud infrastructure, IaaS, PaaS, etc.
- Supporting the Director, Technology Infrastructure & Operations and collaborating with Infrastructure Architects in translating the information technology roadmaps into infrastructure technologies & services covering cloud computing, IaaS, PaaS, data centre operations, servers, storage, messaging, file & print technology, telecommunication networking, voice / video, disaster recovery, etc.
- Supporting the Director, Technology Infrastructure & Operations and collaborating with Infrastructure Architects in developing and maintaining current and future state of the infrastructure and operational model; reviewing and analyzing the ability of the current information technology in meeting the Firm’s goals; and executing cloud/infrastructure life cycle refresh work programs.
- Developing and maintaining cloud and infrastructure development standards and procedures.
- Maintaining and administering the operation of on-premise and cloud environment (e.g. IaaS, Paas) covering availability, performance, service level, usage/billing reconciliation. This includes infrastructure service automation, virtualization, disaster recovery, highly available infrastructure platform, physical and virtual datacentres.
- Designing, building, testing, and deploying cloud/infrastructure platforms in accordance to systems development life cycle requirement while ensuring infrastructure functions are designed / configured to meet business requirements; tested in accordance to the testing methodology; performed in accordance to operating requirements; deployed to meet service/operating requirements; maintained & operated in compliance to IT policies and procedures.
- Facilitating / collaborating with strategic vendors and cloud service providers in the planning, development and deployment of cloud/infrastructure technologies.
- Ensuring documentation is developed and maintained; while knowledge is transferred among IT stakeholders.
- Assessing risk of critical infrastructure and providing advice / recommendations to the Director, Technology Infrastructure & Operations on opportunities to improve performance / capacity / reliability and to mitigate risk of infrastructure services.
- Providing day to day operation of infrastructure services in accordance to ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) practices, which include incident management, problem management, release management, change management, availability management, capacity management, configuration management, etc.
- Engaging in solving complex and escalated systems issues in collaboration with stakeholders in IT, business practice groups, and vendors.
- Participating in work teams with stakeholders in IT, Project Management Office (PMO), Vendor Management Office (VMO), and other business practice groups from an cloud/infrastructure development life cycle perspective. This includes soliciting input and working with IT Security to ensure compliance to security policy and requirements.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- University degree or equivalent in Information Technology.
- Minimum of five years of information technology experience, two years of which in a senior cloud/infrastructure analyst role.
- Possess broad range of infrastructure knowledge (data centre servers, end user computing devices, storage, etc.) and infrastructure development life cycle experience in multiple technological platforms.
- Demonstrate cloud practical experience/knowledge (e.g. IaaS, PaaS, MS Office 365, MS Azure) and infrastructure development life cycle experience in multiple technological platforms. This includes experience in developing and maintaining hybrid cloud.
- Experience and ability in the conceptualization, design, and implementation of cloud/infrastructure technology initiatives; certification an asset.
- Possess practical ITIL experience, certification an asset.
- Demonstrate business acumen and experience in managing business relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience with a professional service organization’s structure and processes would be an asset.
- Ability to exercise strategic thinking and use problem solving skills in managing complex situations.
- Ability to advocate strategic initiatives and exert constructive influence with stakeholders.
- Capacity to handle high pressure situations and tight deadlines.
- Strong organizational, work and time-management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Solid computer knowledge including Microsoft Word and Excel, computer skills and expertise, and ability to keep up-to-date with changes in technology and latest information.
How to apply:
We invite you to submit your application to [email protected] . We thank all applicants for their interest in McCarthy Tétrault; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about application status. McCarthy Tétrault is an equal opportunity employer that fosters an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment.