Senior Business Analyst
January 12, 2021
At McCarthy Tétrault, we offer challenging and rewarding career opportunities and are delighted to have been selected as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers 2021 for the ninth consecutive year. Our culture is built on professional excellence, collaboration, innovation, thought leadership and entrepreneurialism. We embrace inclusion in all its forms and we provide the tools and opportunities to help our people develop to their full potential.
As a Senior Business Analyst, you will be:
- Eliciting business requirements through interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, and process analysis.
- Leading the standardization of business analysis methodologies at the firm, including the development of process map templates, and natural language standards for Business Requirements Documents, in collaboration with IT and the Project Management Office.
- Critically evaluating information gathered from multiple sources, reconciling conflicts, breaking down high-level information into details, distilling low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguishing user requests from the underlying true needs of the business.
- Collaborating with external and internal stakeholders to analyze information needs and functional requirements, and preparing artefacts such as:
- Business Requirements Documents, Use Cases, Process Maps, UAT Plans, and User Interface Designs.
- Serving as the liaison between the firm’s business units, the Solutions Architects and Analysts, and other members of the IT organization.
- Chairing sessions with cross-functional stakeholders to facilitate and challenge business users on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans.
- Recording, analyzing, and interpreting business needs and translating them into operational designs or solution requirements.
- Collaborating with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision, and analyzing trade-offs between usability and performance needs.
- Reviewing and analyzing current technology infrastructure and its ability to support strategic objectives. This includes working with business units to:
- Identify opportunities for business process improvements and organizational change;
- Define evaluation criteria for testing systems, solutions, and processes in order to determine if performance is satisfactory.
- Identifying value in emerging technology. Conceptualizing, planning, and designing solutions and processes that:
- Enhance collaboration and communication within and between teams;
- Facilitate idea exchange and foster innovation within the Practice;
- Increase efficiencies in service delivery;
- Operationalize knowledge sharing, capture, and recovery;
- Support novel client service/product offerings;
- Deliver our insights to clients and consumers of legal services;
- Blur the boundaries between client organizations and our own.
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree, ideally in information technology, computer science/engineering, software design, or information management and experience working in a professional or legal services environment.
- CBAP designation or an IIBA-recognized certificate in Business Analysis.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Strong knowledge of the “agile” project life cycle, including experience in a project leadership role.
- The ability to successfully engage in multiple initiatives and projects simultaneously.
How to apply:
We invite you to submit your application to [email protected] We thank all applicants for their interest in McCarthy Tétrault; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about application status. McCarthy Tétrault is an equal opportunity employer that fosters an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment. Please notify us if you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process.