Senior Application Analyst
July 16, 2021
At McCarthy Tétrault, we offer challenging and rewarding career opportunities and are delighted to have been selected as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers 2021 for the ninth consecutive year. Our culture is built on professional excellence, collaboration, innovation, thought leadership and entrepreneurialism. We embrace inclusion in all its forms and we provide the tools and opportunities to help our people develop to their full potential.
As a Senior Application Analyst, you will be:
- Supporting the Director, Applications in the administration and operation of the application portfolio life cycle. The Application portfolio life cycle entails the development, maintenance (including break fix and patching), refreshes, and end of life decommissioning of the application portfolio, which includes business applications and end user computing (e.g. desktop/laptop/mobile device) software.
- Together with the Applications Team, developing and maintaining application development standards and procedures.
- Designing, developing, and building application technologies, in accordance with design standards and business requirements.
- Ensuring operational integrity of core application tools/technologies is maintained.
- Designing, building and maintaining applications in accordance to systems development life cycle while ensuring applications functions are designed / configured to meet business requirements.
- Ensuring documentation is developed, maintained; and knowledge is transferred among IT stakeholders.
- Providing advice and recommendations to the Director, Applications on opportunities to improve performance/capacity and to mitigate risk of application services.
- Providing day to day operation of applications services in accordance to ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) practices, which include incident management, problem management, release management, change management, etc.
- Serving as second/third level support in incident resolution related to applications, with a focus on escalated issues and high priority incidents.
- Participating in work teams with stakeholders in IT, Project Management Office (PMO), vendors, and other business practice groups from an application development life cycle perspective which includes soliciting input and working with IT Security to ensure compliance to security policy and requirements.
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- University degree or equivalent in Information Technology.
- Minimum of seven years of information technology experience, 3 years of which in a senior application role.
- Experience in ServiceNow Platform administration is required and administration of the development pipeline is an asset.
- Possess broad range of technical/application knowledge (business, middleware, end user computing software, SaaS, PaaS, networking, security, etc.) and application development life cycle experience in multiple technological platforms.
- Experience and ability in the conceptualization, design, and implementation of application technology initiatives.
- Possess practical ITIL experience, certification an asset.
- Demonstrate business acumen and experience in managing business relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience with a professional service organization’s structure and processes would be an asset.
- Ability to exercise strategic thinking and problem solving skills in managing complex situations.
- Ability to advocate strategic initiatives, and exert constructive influence with stakeholders.
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent pieces of work, and appropriately applying judgment about the prioritization of effort.
- Capacity to handle high pressure situations and tight deadlines.
- Strong organizational, work management and time-management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Job Knowledge: Ability to acquire, apply and maintain a body of knowledge related to the field.
- Effective use of Technology: Exceptional computer knowledge and ability to keep up-to-date with changes in technology and latest information.
- In depth knowledge of Application System Development Life Cycle.
- In-depth knowledge of Windows Operating Systems and MS Office suite and M365.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Sharepoint.
- In-depth knowledge of Service Now Platform Admin.
- In-depth knowledge of relational database engine technology.
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft SCCM.
- In depth knowledge of Ivanti Environment Management.
- Knowledge of Application Development standards.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory and Azure AD.
- Knowledge and experience managing remote access technologies including Citrix, SSL VPN, Windows Terminal Services.
- Knowledge of VB, VBA Java Script, HTML and XML and other programming languages.
How to apply:
We invite you to submit your application to [email protected]. We thank all applicants for their interest in McCarthy Tétrault; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about application status. McCarthy Tétrault is an equal opportunity employer that fosters an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment. Please notify us if you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process.