Purchasing Coordinator (12-month contract)
June 30, 2021
At McCarthy Tétrault, we offer challenging and rewarding career opportunities and are delighted to have been selected as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers 2021 for the ninth consecutive year. Our culture is built on professional excellence, collaboration, innovation, thought leadership and entrepreneurialism. We embrace inclusion in all its forms and we provide the tools and opportunities to help our people develop to their full potential.
As a Purchasing Coordinator (12-month contract), you will be:
Vendor and Invoice Management
- Managing incoming invoices via mail and email and ensuring timely payment by filing with Accounts Payable (A/P) for processing.
- Coordinating and managing vendor codes in Aderant database.
- Creating and issuing contract extensions using templates, and making sure all necessary parties have signed. Submitting records of these to vendors and entering them into Firm’s database.
- Entering all vendor information into the VMO Database, including copies of all documentation, such as Purchase Orders (POs), Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDA), Master Service Agreements (MSA), Statements of Work (SOW), and budget tracking sheets.
- Comparing invoices with terms/conditions, contracts, POs, packing slips, and previous month’s invoices in order to assure correct billing.
- Investigating invoices returned from A/P if unable to be paid in regards to corrections needed, improper vendors or coding.
- Investigating past due invoices and communicating findings to vendors and or A/P.
- Creating monthly Vendor Spend Reports, matching results with budget and investigating any abnormal changes from previous months.
Information Technology Budgets
- Managing, logging, and matching invoices with purchase orders, and ensuring no variance between the budgeted and invoiced amounts.
- Logging invoice details in IT Budget Spreadsheet and IT PO Tracking Sheet.
- Adding new POs to appropriate tracking sheet.
- Matching invoices for hardware purchases with applicable POs.
- Managing subscriptions including confirming whether services are still required.
- Verifying number of licenses/users with appropriate department.
- Verifying costs and contract terms with vendors.
- Keeping tabs on rising costs and negotiating for lowest possible costs.
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- Undergraduate degree or college diploma in business, finance or related field.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in similar client service or financial environment.
- Superior interpersonal and client service skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Exceptional analytical, time management and organizational skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to solicit cooperation without authority.
- Great attention to detail with a commitment to quality performance.
- Self-motivation with the ability to perform with minimal guidance.
- Creative problem solver with great ability to multi-task.
How to apply:
We invite you to submit your application to [email protected]. We thank all applicants for their interest in McCarthy Tétrault; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about application status. McCarthy Tétrault is an equal opportunity employer that fosters an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment. Please notify us if you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process.