January 31, 2020
McCarthy Tétrault is leading the charge to adapt to changing client needs through the re-imagining of our service offerings. Our culture is collaborative, inclusive, diverse, entrepreneurial and evolves with the pace of business. We offer sophisticated legal and business advice that incents efficiency, leverages our deep industry knowledge and our national resources for a predictable, effective service experience that solves our clients’ most complex problems. McCarthy is also delighted to have been selected as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers 2020 for the eighth consecutive year.
Our Clients & Markets team brings market strategy and service delivery innovation under one umbrella to ensure the needs of our clients are always top of mind. Our team plays an integral role in advancing the firm’s ambitious strategy at the vanguard of the legal industry.
As a Proposals Specialist, you will:
- Draft, develop, and provide strategic direction for client-focused Requests for Proposals (RFPs). Includes acting as Proposal Lead and leading the proposal development process from start to finish, as well as supporting Directors and Managers of Business Development in proposal development.
- Work in close collaboration with lawyers on RFP and pitch efforts, including organizing and leading kick-off meetings to determine win themes and proposal strategy, creating first drafts using internal content and tools, overseeing and finalizing client-ready RFPs and proposals (including production using our internal print shop and/or submission via procurement sites), and ensuring RFPs, proposals and pitch processes are tracked in the Firm’s business development databases.
- Support lawyers with time-sensitive client requests for Firm credentials.
- Provide support for in-person pitches to clients and prospects, including drafting agendas, speaking notes, presentations, hand-outs, and associated credential materials.
- Diarize follow-ups with lawyers on proposal opportunities and tracking results in Firm databases.
- Provide support with respect to reporting of proposal statistics such as volume, win rate, proposals by industry, etc.
- Work with library/research team to gather and distill client/prospect and industry intelligence to assist lawyers in the proposal process.
- Undertake the writing and editing of “stock” proposal content, including differentiators, value propositions, and content related to practice areas, industries and international markets, legal project management, client solutions, value-added services, pricing, and more.
- Update Firm proposal automation tool with approved content.
- Provide proposal process and development training to new employees.
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications or related field and a minimum of 5 years relevant experience, preferably in a professional services environment.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills and the ability to work with professional maturity including strong interpersonal skills, tact, and discretion.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and set priorities with challenging deadlines.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment while completing tasks in a systematic and logical way, with great attention to detail.
- A willingness to be flexible, adaptable, and collaborative.
As a member of the McCarthy team, you will have access to:
- Outstanding benefits from day one, including insurance premiums paid by the Firm, fitness and tuition reimbursements, on-site yoga and second language classes
- Competitive compensation and generous time off, including a day off to volunteer and a Summer Friday program.
- A commitment to professional development and growth opportunities for our people at all levels, supported by a culture that fully embraces and encourages two-way feedback
- Strong community involvement and a commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion
- A collaborative, cohesive culture that connects lawyers and business teams through collective purpose
How to apply:
We invite you to submit your application to [email protected]. We thank all applicants for their interest in McCarthy Tétrault; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about application status. McCarthy Tétrault is an equal opportunity employer that fosters an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment. Please notify us if you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process.