Proposal Specialist (16 month Contract)
September 03, 2019
- Working directly with Business Development Leads, Practice/Industry Group Leaders and lawyers to provide expertise, strategy and support on the proposal development process in response to Requests for Proposals (RFPs), Requests for Information (RFIs), Expressions of Interest (EOIs), Fee Letter requests, and informed opportunities (together “RFP”) for the firm.
- Analyzing and interpreting RFP requirements, participating in the development of a clear and focused strategy, and clarifying issues, as needed.
- Acting as proposal team lead on the development and completion of the RFP response, ensuring RFP process is followed and timelines are defined and communicated.
- Coordinating and participating in the proposal kick-off meeting and following up with contributors, as required.
- Reviewing and researching information about prospective clients' needs.
- Writing strategic, concise, accurate content and editing/updating existing content for RFP responses, as applicable to the submission.
- Managing the proposal production process, including printing or finalizing in electronic format, quality control, coordination of delivery and aligning all efforts with internal and external professionals to ensure on-time, compliant and business-winning submissions.
- Supporting Managers and Directors, Business Development and lawyers on proposal and pitch efforts, including customized client-ready proposals, presentations, and collateral.
- Ensuring high quality preparation and production of all materials while consistently applying the McCarthy Tétrault business brand and key messaging.
- Liaising with other key business groups on proposal responses, as needed.
- Assisting Managers and Directors, Business Development and lawyers on client meetings and presentations including drafting agendas, speaking notes, and preparing associated materials.
- Working with the Research and Information group to gather client/prospect and industry intelligence to assist lawyers in the RFP/proposal process.
- Providing proposal database support to ensure information is kept up-to-date and new content is captured.
- Providing personnel training on processes, systems and best practices, as required.
- Assisting lawyers in preparing for debriefs with clients and prospects following a proposal or pitch win or loss.
- Regularly reporting on proposal statistics, including successes and losses.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Journalism, English or related field.
- Minimum of five years’ relevant experience in a similar role, preferably in a professional services firm.
- Demonstrated experience crafting and writing winning responses to RFPs, RFIs, EOIs, informed opportunities and Fee Letter requests from both public and private sectors.
- Superior English/French writing skills: ability to communicate clearly, persuasively and effectively in the current business environment.
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management abilities required to prioritize a high volume of tasks or competing priorities.
- Ability to complete designated tasks in a systematic and logical way with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to think strategically and lead others in strategic discussion.
- Ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines.
- Bilingualism is required (English/French).
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume to the following address:
E-mail : [email protected]
McCarthy Tétrault is an equal opportunity employer that fosters an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment. We thank all applicants for their interest in McCarthy Tétrault; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about application status
Job ID: S803