January 29, 2019
Our Clients & Markets/Client Service Innovation team brings market strategy and service delivery innovation under one umbrella to ensure the needs of our clients are always top of mind. Our team plays an integral role in advancing the firm’s ambitious strategy at the vanguard of the legal industry.
Our firm is looking for a dynamic change agent to fill the role of Proposal Specialist on our Clients & Markets/Client Service Innovation team. In this role you will:
Support our Clients, International Initiatives, and New Business Lines by:
- Working directly with Business Development Leads, Practice/Industry Group Leaders and lawyers to provide expertise, strategy and support on the proposal development process in response to Requests for Proposals (RFPs), Requests for Information (RFIs), Expressions of Interest (EOIs), Fee Letter requests, and informed opportunities (together “RFP”) for the firm.
- Analyzing and interpreting RFP requirements, participating in the development of a clear and focused strategy, and clarifying issues, as needed.
- Acting as proposal team lead on the development and completion of the RFP response, ensuring RFP process is followed and timelines are defined and communicated.
- Coordinating and participating in the proposal kick-off meeting and following up with contributors, as required.
- Reviewing and researching information about prospective clients' needs.
- Writing strategic, concise, accurate content and editing/updating existing content for RFP responses, as applicable to the submission.
- Managing the proposal production process, including printing or finalizing in electronic format, quality control, coordination of delivery and aligning all efforts with internal and external professionals to ensure on-time, compliant and business-winning submissions.
- Supporting Managers and Directors, Business Development and lawyers on proposal and pitch efforts, including customized client-ready proposals, presentations, and collateral.
- Ensuring high quality preparation and production of all materials while consistently applying the McCarthy Tétrault business brand and key messaging.
- Assisting lawyers in preparing for debriefs with clients and prospects following a proposal or pitch win or loss.
Support our Industry approach by:
- Working with the Research and Information group to gather client/prospect and industry intelligence to assist lawyers in the RFP/proposal process.
- Tailoring proposal content to reflect industry-specific issues and key concerns.
Drive efficiency by:
- Providing proposal database support to ensure information is kept up-to-date and new content is captured.
- Liaising with other key business groups on proposal responses, as needed.
- Regularly reporting on proposal statistics, including successes and losses.
- Providing personnel training on processes, systems and best practices, as required.
We are looking for someone who:
- Loves developing creative solutions to business challenges
- Never met a process they couldn’t improve while still seeing the big picture
- Loves working on a collaborative team, being involved in transformational projects and share ideas
- Writes in cogent, concise business language and hates marketing-speak
- Is a cool curious geek about adopting and using technology tools
- Is passionate about working for a firm/team that gives back to its community and takes equality and diversity very seriously
If you are excited by being at the vanguard of the evolution of the Legal Industry, please contact us at [email protected].