Professional Resources Coordinator
September 24, 2020
At McCarthy Tétrault, we offer challenging and rewarding career opportunities and are delighted to have been selected as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers 2020 for the eighth consecutive year. Our culture is built on professional excellence, collaboration, innovation, thought leadership and entrepreneurialism. We embrace inclusion in all its forms and we provide the tools and opportunities to help our people develop to their full potential.
As a Professional Resources Coordinator, you will be:
- Coordinating national lawyer performance review processes, including:
- Updating timelines and communication plan, liaising with national team, sending emails to evaluators on behalf of team leaders, and monitoring completion statistics.
- Maintaining workflow and advance planning for key dates, updating review templates and correspondence, tracking all performance reviews, following up on outstanding feedback, coordinating review schedule, preparation/distribution of review materials, and maintaining user accounts.
- Assisting with lawyer compensation processes including updating spreadsheets, analyzing data and preparation of bonus and salary memos.
- Coordinating and supporting lateral lawyer recruitment nationally, including:
- Ensuring lawyer applications are processed according to Firm procedures and entered into the applicant tracking system appropriately.
- Organizing interviews, ensuring compliance with lateral recruitment risk management processes, preparing draft offer letters and letters of regret as necessary.
- Coordinating and supporting the onboarding process for lawyers nationally.
- Assisting with lawyer departure processes, including liaising with other functional groups (HR, Billing, Facilities, and IT).
- Assisting with partnership admission processes including analyzing data and preparation of materials.
- Coordinating annual new partner orientation including agenda preparation, scheduling, preparation of materials.
- Tracking information and maintaining department/firm databases and analyzing and presenting data as requested.
- Participating in monthly meetings with team coordinators and identifying process, task, and project improvement opportunities.
- Providing daily administrative support to senior members of the team, including managing calendar interactions, assisting with planning events and meetings, booking travel arrangements, managing expenses, and administering confidential personnel files.
- Drafting documents in French and reviewing documents and correspondence that has been translated from English to French to ensure accuracy and consistency.
- Participating in and supporting other talent program and project support as required.
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- Post-Secondary education in Administration, Human Resources, or a related field and a minimum of 6 years office experience.
- Bilingualism in French and English with exceptional oral and written communication skills (in French and English) is considered a strong asset.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and set priorities with challenging deadlines.
- A willingness to be flexible, adaptable, and collaborative and the ability to work efficiently with minimum supervision.
- Attention to detail, exceptional accuracy and numeric aptitude, excellent organization and time management skills.
- Experience with vi Talent Management Software preferred (viEval and viRecruit).
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Excel.
As a member of the McCarthy team, you will have access to:
- Outstanding benefits from day one, including insurance premiums paid by the Firm.
- Competitive compensation and generous time off, including a day off to volunteer.
- A commitment to professional development and growth opportunities for our people at all levels, supported by a culture that fully embraces and encourages two-way feedback
- Strong community involvement and a commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion
- A collaborative, cohesive culture that connects lawyers and business teams through collective purpose
How to apply:
We invite you to submit your application to [email protected]. We thank all applicants for their interest in McCarthy Tétrault; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about application status. McCarthy Tétrault is an equal opportunity employer that fosters an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment. Please notify us if you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process.