August 05, 2022
At McCarthy Tétrault, we offer challenging and rewarding career opportunities and are delighted to have been selected for the tenth consecutive year in 2022 as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers and one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers. Our culture is built on professional excellence, collaboration, innovation, thought leadership and entrepreneurialism. We embrace inclusion in all its forms and we provide the tools and opportunities to help our people develop to their full potential.
This position can be based out of Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver. McCarthy Tétrault employees benefit from a hybrid work environment.
Our Client Service Delivery (“CSD”) team focuses on market strategy and service delivery innovation to ensure the needs of our clients are always top of mind. Our team plays an integral role in advancing the firm’s ambitious legal innovation strategy.
As a Pricing Coordinator, you will be:
- Developing Alternative Fee Arrangements (“AFAs”) and budgets for clients across all offices.
- Supporting the development of template budget and project management tools, and fee data analytics and other pricing tools to streamline the budgeting process for client matters.
- Assisting with matter profitability analysis in relation to historical, existing and potential client matters or portfolios of work.
- Promoting service delivery innovation initiatives, including alternative staffing approaches, the use of technology tools for different legal processes, and the reengineering of legal services.
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of legal market and service delivery trends and newly developed legal technology.
- Identifying existing and emerging client and lawyer pain points and collaborating with members of the CSD team to design and build solutions in response to those pain points.
- Developing and implementing legal technology tools at the firm and driving adoption of those tools.
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- Relevant university degree or diploma and 1-3 years of relevant experience, ideally acquired in a large, matrixed legal or professional services organization.
- Proficiency in MS Excel.
- Professional maturity including strong interpersonal skills, tact and discretion.
- High aptitude for quantitative tasks, including financial analysis.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to think strategically and perform well in dealing with ambiguity.
- Ability to work in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable.
As a member of the McCarthy team, you will have access to:
- Outstanding benefits from day one, including insurance premiums paid by the Firm and wellness and technology reimbursements.
- Competitive compensation, paid overtime and generous time off, including a day off to volunteer and a day off for your birthday.
- A commitment to professional development and growth opportunities for our people at all levels, supported by a culture that fully embraces and encourages two-way feedback.
- Strong community involvement and a commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- A collaborative, cohesive culture that connects lawyers and business teams through collective purpose.
How to apply:
We invite you to submit your application to [email protected].We thank all applicants for their interest in McCarthy Tétrault; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about application status. McCarthy Tétrault is an equal opportunity employer that fosters an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment. Please notify us if you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process.