Paralegal, Immigration (5+ )
February 16, 2021
Named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for eight years running, McCarthy Tétrault is one of the largest Canadian law firms. As a response to client demand for a more concentrated and focused national offering on immigration, McCarthy Tétrault evolved its existing Immigration Law Practice and launched MT>iplus.
Join our talented team equipped with lawyers and legal professionals experienced in navigating immigration matters and familiar with the sensitivities of immigrating.
As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to work with competent people striving for excellence on a collaborative and collegial team.
Key responsibilities :
- Work closely with lawyers on international mobility files.
- Prepare and draft applications for work permits, temporary resident visas, study permits and Quebec acceptance certificates for studies or work.
- Draft letters for employers and instructions for clients.
- Prepare draft TRP and rehabilitation applications.
- Organize the filing and submission of necessary documents for all the above-mentioned applications.
- Use and update our software and databases.
- Coordinate, review, summarize and organize data.
- All other related tasks.
- University diploma related to the position or college diploma in paralegal studies (or equivalent) issued by a recognized educational institution.
- Minimum of five years of relevant experience.
- Good knowledge of immigration procedures and governmental agencies.
- Bilingual (French and English).
Skills sought :
- Ability to manage many files simultaneously and work under pressure.
- Focus on client service and results.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume to :
Email : [email protected]
McCarthy Tétrault is an equal opportunity employer that fosters an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment. We thank all applicants for their interest in McCarthy Tétrault; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about application status.
Job ID: i003