Paralegal, Business Law (Securities)
September 13, 2021
The successful candidate will provide independent professional support in connection with continuous disclosure and insider filings for Canadian public companies. The position requires a strong working knowledge of Canadian continuous disclosure requirements, including proficiency in preparing required continuous disclosure documents.
- Providing independent professional support services in connection with Canadian reporting issuer continuous disclosure obligations.
- Assisting with the implementation of a new continuous disclosure service offering for public company clients.
- Reviewing and assessing potential technology solutions to assist with the preparation and filing of continuous disclosure documents.
- Preparing, drafting and/or overseeing completion of some or all of the following documents
- Management Proxy Materials.
- Annual Information Forms.
- Management's Discussion & Analysis (MD&A).
- Press releases and material change reports.
- Other continuous disclosure, insider and TSX/TSXV filings.
- Other documents supplemental to or in support of those above
Additional duties and responsibilities include some or all of the following:
- Completing or overseeing completion of SEDAR/SEDI/TSX Securefile filings, as appropriate.
- Coordinating pre-clearance and dissemination of press releases.
- Assisting external clients, lawyers and law students and providing direction and support to external clients, lawyers and law students with respect to various continuous disclosure matters.
- Preparing checklists and precedents.
- Keeping current on changes in legislation and government policy and informs others as appropriate.
- Ensuring quality and accuracy of work, and ensuring work is completed within reasonable time frames.
- Entering time charges on a timely basis using prescribed firm and departmental procedures.
- Post-secondary education in Paralegal studies preferred
- 10 years of relevant experience in securities law
- Capacity to occasionally accommodate a flexible schedule
- Capacity to manage many files simultaneously, work well under pressure and exercise initiative
- Excellent analytical skills, good judgment, organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Superior written and verbal communication
This position is work from home eligible, however duties for this position must be performed during Mountain/Pacific Standard Time.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume to:
E-mail : [email protected]
McCarthy Tétrault is an equal opportunity employer that fosters an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment. We thank all applicants for their interest in McCarthy Tétrault; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about application status.
Please note that, applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment from McCarthy Tétrault will be required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada as a condition of employment and to maintain their status as fully vaccinated as a condition of continued employment. McCarthy Tétrault will consider individual requests for accommodation by applicants who cannot be fully vaccinated due to health or other grounds.