Operations Coordinator, MT>Align
October 29, 2019
At McCarthy Tétrault, we offer challenging and rewarding career opportunities and are delighted to have been selected as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers 2019 for the seventh consecutive year. Our culture is built on professional excellence, collaboration, innovation, thought leadership, and entrepreneurialism. We embrace inclusion in all its forms and we provide the tools and opportunities to help our people develop to their full potential.
Backed by the resources and processes of McCarthy Tétrault, MT>Align is focused on providing clients access to a roster of top-tier independent lawyers who will support their short-term or temporary legal needs. We have an opportunity for an Operations Coordinator to support our MT>Align division. We are nimble, dynamic change agents who:
- Love developing creative ideas and solutions to business challenges
- Never met a process we couldn’t improve while still seeing the big picture
- Like project discipline, rigour and exactness, while staying agile and flexible
- Love working on collaborative teams, being involved in transformational projects and sharing ideas
- Write in cogent, concise business language and not in trite marketing-speak
- Are cool curious geeks, inspired by the possibilities of technology
- Are always raising the bar to meet the evolving needs of our firm and the clients we serve
- Are passionate about working for a firm/team that gives back to its community and takes diversity and inclusion very seriously
As an Operations Coordinator you will:
- Support activities to ensure systems for MT>Align are operating properly by interfacing with various support departments, monitoring and entering data into different systems, updating and configuring new workflow processes, and tracking program and project process
- Coordinate the intake process for new contractors by organizing conversations and meetings with stakeholders, communicating with parties involved, updating relevant databases, and onboarding new contractors
- Organize the process for new engagements by creating and updating lawyer bios, arranging meetings between clients and lawyers, and drafting and storing relevant documents
- Maintain regular contact and troubleshoot issues with MT>Align community members such as systems access, status changes, client information, invoicing questions, etc.
- Arrange logistics for events related to MT>Align community members, professional development opportunities, firm updates, etc.
- Support efforts related to invoicing, billing, and collections
- Contribute to ongoing efforts related to marketing, growth and operations for MT>Align including tracking program progress by monitoring Basecamp (project management tool) and Client Connect (Salesforce) as well as supporting the quality control process (post-engagement client surveys) by tracking survey responses and other anecdotal feedback
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- Post-secondary education in Business, Finance, Project Management or a related field
- A minimum of 1-3 years experience in an operations role, ideally in a legal or professional services environment
- Excellent time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills and the ability to work under pressure to meet critical deadlines, with a strict attention to detail
- A self-starter attitude with a proactive, problem-solving approach. Confidence in making day-to-day decisions, but also the judgment to escalate and seek supervisory assistance
- Excellent word processing, writing, spelling, grammar, editing and proof-reading skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite and the ability to quickly learn and leverage new technology solutions
- Ability to handle confidential information and exercise tact and discretion in dealing with people and/or sensitive issues
- Comfortability in an agile, changing, fast paced environment
- Flexibility to work occasional overtime
As a member of the MT>Align team, you will have access to:
- Outstanding benefits from day one, including insurance premiums paid by the Firm, fitness and tuition reimbursements, on-site yoga and second language classes
- Competitive compensation and generous time off, including a day off to volunteer and a Summer Friday program.
- A commitment to professional development and growth opportunities for our people at all levels, supported by a culture that fully embraces and encourages two-way feedback
- Strong community involvement and a commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion
- A collaborative, cohesive culture that connects lawyers and business teams through collective purpose
How to apply:
We invite you to submit your application to [email protected]. We thank all applicants for their interest in McCarthy Tétrault; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about application status. McCarthy Tétrault is an equal opportunity employer that fosters an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment. Please notify us if you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process.