Marketing and Communication Specialist
January 17, 2023
At McCarthy Tétrault, we offer challenging and rewarding career opportunities and are delighted to have been selected as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers 2023 for the 11th consecutive year. Our culture is built on professional excellence, collaboration, innovation, thought leadership and entrepreneurialism. We embrace inclusion in all its forms and we provide the tools and opportunities to help our people develop to their full potential.
This position can be based out of Toronto, Vancouver or Calgary . McCarthy Tétrault employees benefit from a hybrid work environment.
Our Clients & Markets/Client Service Delivery team brings market strategy and service delivery innovation under one umbrella to ensure the needs of our clients are always top of mind. Our team plays an integral role in advancing the firm’s ambitious strategy at the vanguard of the legal industry.
As a Marketing and Communications Specialist, you will be:
- Supporting go-to-market objectives for Industry, Strategic Issues, and Practice Area groups through strategic and tactical development of marketing copy, content, and internal and external communications.
- Constructing clear and crisp copy for: marketing materials, ads, press releases, website and intranet content, newsletters, articles, new hire announcements, info sheets, social media, deal summaries and other communication pieces.
- Drafting, copy-editing and proofing internal communications.
- Writing and editing award submissions.
- Applying content marketing strategies to support practice/industry group objectives.
- Working with the Manager and Senior Director as appropriate to develop and implement marketing and communications plans to support firm strategic objectives and engage both internal and external audiences.
- Staying current on the cutting-edge marketing and communications strategies and tactics, and proactively applying the same.
- Maintaining editorial control of content on various firm channels to ensure content appropriateness, quality, and appearance.
- Working with stakeholders across the firm to proactively identify and pitch ideas for thought leadership content.
- Working with members of the leadership team and lawyers as required, to develop messaging.
- Ensuring that voice and language of content are consistent, overall tone and quality are appropriate and the brand language and position are reflected.
- Defining and maintaining overall adherence to the editorial/style guidelines.
As our ideal candidate, you will distinguish yourself by the following profile:
- 5-7 years of related experience, ideally acquired in a law firm, professional services firm, ad agency or other position in which strong and varied writing skills are required.
- A completed degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or Commerce preferred.
- Exceptional writing, editing and proofreading (quality control) skills.
- Bilingual (English/French) written and verbal communication skills desirable, but not a requirement.
- High level of organizational awareness and proven ability to work in a high-performing, multi-stakeholder environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of an integrated, national team.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills. Ability to develop strong relationships at all organizational levels.
- Exceptional project management and content management skills.
As a member of the McCarthy team, you will have access to:
- Outstanding benefits from day one, including insurance premiums paid by the Firm and wellness and technology reimbursements.
- Competitive compensation, paid overtime and generous time off, including a day off to volunteer and a day off for your birthday.
- A commitment to professional development and growth opportunities for our people at all levels, supported by a culture that fully embraces and encourages two-way feedback.
- Strong community involvement and a commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- A collaborative, cohesive culture that connects lawyers and business teams through collective purpose.
How to apply:
We invite you to submit your application to [email protected]. We thank all applicants for their interest in McCarthy Tétrault; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about application status. McCarthy Tétrault is an equal opportunity employer that fosters an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment. Please notify us if you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process.