Manager, Translation & Communications
September 12, 2020
McCarthy Tétrault, Canada’s first national law firm, is leading the charge to adapt to changing client needs through the re-imagining of our service offerings. Our culture is collaborative, inclusive, diverse, entrepreneurial and evolves with the pace of business. We offer sophisticated legal and business advice that incents efficiency and leverages our deep industry knowledge and our national resources for a seamless and effective service experience that solves our clients' most complex problems.
Our Clients & Markets/Client Service Innovation team brings market strategy and service delivery innovation under one umbrella to ensure the needs of our clients are always top of mind. Our team plays an integral role in advancing the firm's ambitious strategy at the vanguard of the legal industry.
As the Manager, Translation & Communications, you will:
- Lead firm-wide internal and external communication translation services (non-legal, non-billable) from English to French (or vice versa), including managing the translation and review process across the firm with the support of a translation specialist, machine translation capability and (on an overflow basis) external translation service providers
- Capture the essence of the messages the firm is trying to convey so that all communications read as if written in the official language of choice (French or English) of the audience
- Ensure our external communications are relevant and compelling for our clients and other key stakeholders in both French and English by deeply understanding the Quebec legal market, our clients and the industries in which they operate, as well as the capabilities of our lawyers in serving the market
- Manage the national internal communications calendar, including coordinating internal communications flow and ensuring timely and organized approach
- Lead market recognition initiatives, public relations, and media relations from end-to end for the region of Québec
- Provide editorial guidance, business writing, copy editing and proofreading of marketing materials (in French and English)Craft internal and external communications and liaise firm-wide to develop and implement communication plans.
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- Translator Certification with a minimum of 8 years of experience working in both Translation and Public Relations/Communications, preferably in a professional services environment
- A completed degree in translation required. Additional education in marketing, communications, business or a related field is a strong asset
- Experience with awards, directories and rankings is a strong asset
- Fully bilingual with strong written and verbal business communication skills in both French and English
- Proactive self-starter and proven ability to anticipate needs and challenges
- Demonstrated ability and drive to deliver a first-class product
- Consultative and collaborative leadership approach
- Strong project management and stakeholder engagement skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities, and work under pressure and adhere to challenging deadlines
- Strong people management skills, including the ability to influence without authority, and to deliver feedback and recognition on a regular basis
How to apply:
We invite you to submit you application to [email protected]. We thank all applicants for their interest in McCarthy Tétrault; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about application status. McCarthy Tétrault is an equal opportunity employer that fosters an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment. Please notify us if you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process.