November 29, 2018
Financial and Management Reporting
- Responsible for month end close and annual financial close for all entities comprising the Firm.
- Responsible for review of all month end close journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements in accordance with Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises (ASPE), taking into consideration any known policy exemptions as mandated by the Firm.
- Manages the external audit process.
- Supports the tax return preparation process.
- Leads the development and on-going maintenance of accounting policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Implements and maintains internal controls to assure the accuracy and integrity of reported results and safeguarding of the Firm’s assets.
- Oversight of the Accounts Payable function.
- Assists with executive briefings, summaries etc. as required.
Variance Analysis Reporting
- Assists with variance analysis as required.
Projects & Other
- Undertakes business process efficiency reviews and system automation opportunities.
- Assist with various finance projects as well partnering with other functional groups on projects impacting finance.
- Invested in the development of junior finance talent and actively mentors and coaches staff.
- CPA designation is mandatory.
- Minimum of 5-8 years of relevant financial leadership experience, preferably with prior experience as a Finance Manager or Controller.
- Demonstrated experience in financial reporting, month end close and audit with a strong understanding of ASPE and tax rules.
- Experiencing overseeing Accounts Payable would be asset.
- Demonstrated experience with business process improvement and automation.
- Demonstrated experience with Accounting software and Microsoft Excel.
- People leadership experience including coaching and mentoring of junior staff members.
- Capacity to handle high pressure situations and tight deadlines.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization in a professional manner.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume to:
E-mail : [email protected]
McCarthy Tétrault is an equal opportunity employer that fosters an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment. We thank all applicants for their interest in McCarthy Tétrault; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about application status.