Legal Assistant, Corporate Law (12-month contract)
March 12, 2021
At McCarthy Tétrault, we offer challenging and rewarding career opportunities and are delighted to have been selected as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers 2021 for the ninth consecutive year. Our culture is built on professional excellence, collaboration, innovation, thought leadership and entrepreneurialism. We embrace inclusion in all its forms and we provide the tools and opportunities to help our people develop to their full potential.
As a Legal Assistant, Corporate Law , you will be:
Documents and Correspondence
- Editing, formatting, printing, scanning of documents and preparing and revising correspondence
- Proofreading documents and checking for appropriate formatting, spelling, grammar, and clarity.
Database and Minutes Book Management
- Entering and maintaining database (EnAct) on a regular daily basis including opening new card, inputting corporate information, scanning and uploading documents to virtual and physical minute book(s)
- Extra-provincial filing to minute books (for BC office)
- Tracking the status of minute books (e.g. site/sent to client/sent to other office within firm/closed)
- Reviewing and comparing the information from physical and virtual minute books
- Ordering labels for new minute books and processing to closed card for closed files for minute books.
Law clerk/Client Support
Provide a range of administrative support to a team of Corporate Law Clerks including:
- Arranging filing of documents with government agencies and agents.
- Prepare monthly MASTER CARD reconciliation reports to accounting
- Processing invoices to accounting system for service provider invoices
- Assist with basic corporate document such as share certificate,
- Sending and receiving courier,
- Updating contact names and address in data base on a regular basis (EnAct)
- Coordinating client meeting, including scheduling rooms and arranging for needed
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- Legal Assistant Diploma or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a Corporate Legal Assistant.
- In-depth knowledge of legal terminology, court rules, and procedures.
- Strong attention to detail and superior word processing, spelling, proofreading and editing skills.
- Capacity to perform duties with speed and accuracy.
- Strong time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills and ability to work under pressure to meet important deadlines.
- Ability to follow-up on files and delays with minimal supervision.
- High level of discretion and confidentiality.
- Flexibility to occasionally work overtime.
- Bilingualism (French/English) required
How to apply:
We invite you to submit your application to [email protected]. We thank all applicants for their interest in McCarthy Tétrault; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about application status. McCarthy Tétrault is an equal opportunity employer that fosters an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment. Please notify us if you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process.