Legal Assistant, Business Law (12 Month Contract)
May 03, 2021
At McCarthy Tétrault, we offer challenging and rewarding career opportunities and are delighted to have been selected as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers 2021 for the ninth consecutive year. Our culture is built on professional excellence, collaboration, innovation, thought leadership and entrepreneurialism. We embrace inclusion in all its forms and we provide the tools and opportunities to help our people develop to their full potential.
We have an opportunity for a Legal Assistant, Business Law. This is 12 Month Contract position located in Vancouver.
As a Legal Assistant in our Business Law Group, you will be:
- Preparing and drafting corporate documents, including:
- extra-provincial annual maintenance, registrations and cancellations, business name registrations, limited partnership renewals, amendment documents pertaining to name change, change of number of directors and change of registered head office
- Attending to the preparation of correspondence
- Attending to the filing of documents in virtual minute books and the Firm’s document management system
- Maintaining the Firm’s corporate databases (ALF and EnAct)
- Providing day-to-day support for business law paraprofessionals
- Ensuring quality and accuracy of all work, and ensuring all work is completed within reasonable time frames
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- Post-secondary education in Legal Assistant or Paralegal studies.
- Minimum 3 years of related experience as a Legal Assistant required.
- In-depth knowledge of business and legal terminology.
- Strong attention to detail and superior word processing, spelling, proofreading and editing skills.
- Capacity to perform duties with speed and accuracy.
- Strong time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills and ability to work under pressure to meet important deadlines.
- Ability to follow-up on files and delays with minimal supervision.
- High level of discretion and confidentiality.
- Flexibility to occasionally work overtime.
- Solid computer knowledge including MS Office, and ability to keep up-to-date with changes in technology. Interest and ability to learn other software.
How to apply:
We invite you to submit your application to [email protected]. We thank all applicants for their interest in McCarthy Tétrault; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about application status. McCarthy Tétrault is an equal opportunity employer that fosters an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment. Please notify us if you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process.