Junior Financial Analyst (6-month contract)
July 11, 2019
- Providing weekly/monthly/quarterly reporting on billable hours/fees at the Firm, practice/region/industry, or client/matter level, for Firm Management, Professional Resources, Marketing, and external clients.
- Supporting the ongoing development of templates and automation efforts for the above reports, including efforts to enable self-serve reporting capabilities (via SharePoint or BI/SSRS tools).
- Leading the setup of new timekeepers to the Firm in our billing system (Aderant), including setup of their standard billing rate and special client rates.
- Setup/maintenance of client and matter rates in our accounting system, including working with the Pricing Committee & the firm’s Partners to ensure the appropriate approvals/documentation is in place. Supporting the E-Billing team with requesting approval for rates.
- Setup/maintenance of client matter plans to enable better tracking of actual hours/fees against expected or budgeted results.
- Supporting the Manager, Business Analysis with data gathering and analysis required as part of the annual standard and non-standard rate-setting exercise, including conducting external research and performing benchmark/trend analysis against Firm results.
- Supporting the Director & Manager, Business Analysis with the Firm’s revenue budgeting and forecasting exercises, including data gathering and input, productivity and rate analysis, and assisting with the preparation of executive-level presentations.
- Ad hoc reporting and analysis as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g. Accounting, Finance or Business Administration). Working towards obtaining Accounting designation preferred but not required.
- 2-3 years of relevant post-graduation work experience.
- Advanced/expert level proficiency with Microsoft Excel, including formulas and pivot tables. Proficiency in Microsoft Word/PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Experience writing macros (VBA) and/or SQL queries is highly desired. Experience with Microsoft Access is also an asset.
- Very strong written and communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to summarize and convey complex information in a clear and concise manner.
- Focuses on Client Service: Capacity to identify, understand, and meet and/or exceed the needs and expectations of internal and external clients in a timely manner.
- Works Well with Others (Teamwork): Ability to work effectively with others (e.g., team members, co-workers, supervisors, direct reports, clients, etc.) to achieve mutual goals.
- Focuses on Results: Commitment to setting, achieving and/or exceeding individual, team, or firm goals.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume to:
E-mail: [email protected]
McCarthy Tétrault is an equal opportunity employer that fosters an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment. We thank all applicants for their interest in McCarthy Tétrault; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about application status.