Information Resources Technician
April 07, 2021
At McCarthy Tétrault, we offer challenging and rewarding career opportunities and are delighted to have been selected as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers 2021 for the ninth consecutive year. Our culture is built on professional excellence, collaboration, innovation, thought leadership and entrepreneurialism. We embrace inclusion in all its forms and we provide the tools and opportunities to help our people develop to their full potential.
Our Clients & Markets team brings market strategy and service delivery innovation under one umbrella to ensure the needs of our clients are always top of mind. Our team plays an integral role in advancing the firm’s ambitious strategy at the vanguard of the legal industry.
As an Information Resources Technician, you will be:
- Coordinating and organizing Firm-wide library resources.
- Maintaining the Library Management Software (LMS), updating resources, and developing and implementing new services or modules in collaboration with the vendor.
- Providing reference services to lawyers, students and support staff, and docketing time for such work performed.
- Coordinating interlibrary loans and document delivery services, maintaining records of such transactions, and processing payment.
- Coordinating firm-wide routing lists for print and online resources.
- Contributing to the development of the intranet.
- Liaising with publishers and their representatives to order new resources and resolve various invoicing issues.
- Managing serials including maintaining and updating records in a manner consistent with recognized library standards, ordering items, and checking in. Keeping up with developments pertaining to the serials database/module. Producing reports.
- Cataloguing English (and French in part) titles for all libraries, maintaining the integrity, standards and consistency of collection; providing user support, training and orientation for OPAC.
- Coordinating filing of loose-leaf materials and new books with external service providers.
- Coordinating archival material in Toronto and Montreal.
- Receiving, opening, sorting, and processing library communications daily (print and central orders and invoices mailboxes).
- Processing all library materials, including repairs, labelling, and inventory maintenance.
- Managing acquisitions including updating and maintaining accounting records, ordering items and following up with orders, tracking new publication dates, troubleshooting, generating various reports, assisting in collection development, liaising with publishers, and updating and revising information pertaining to acquisitions database/module.
- Ensuring that relevant SOPs are fully documented and updated as required.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- A completed Library Technician diploma.
- Relevant experience in a professional services research centre. Strong proficiency with information resources and products including EOS / Sirsi-Dynix (or similar applications), SharePoint, and related Web-based applications.
- Solution-oriented, high level of initiative, and passionate about driving process improvements.
- Collaborative approach and experience working in teams, sharing knowledge and ideas.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. French language proficiency is an asset but not required.
- Exceptional attention to detail, time management, and organization skills. Ability to work effectively on multiple priorities simultaneously.
How to apply:
We invite you to submit your application to [email protected]. We thank all applicants for their interest in McCarthy Tétrault; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about application status. McCarthy Tétrault is an equal opportunity employer that fosters an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment. Please notify us if you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process.