Human Resources Coordinator (15+ month contract)
November 19, 2021
At McCarthy Tétrault, we offer challenging and rewarding career opportunities and are delighted to have been selected as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for the tenth consecutive year in 2022, as well as one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers. Our culture is built on professional excellence, collaboration, innovation, thought leadership and entrepreneurialism. We embrace inclusion in all its forms and we provide the tools and opportunities to help our people develop to their full potential.
As a Coordinator, Human Resources (15+ month contract), you will be:
- Acting as a first point of contact for Toronto Firm members by answering questions, providing explanations, and resolving issues related to HR programs, policies, practices and procedures.
- Performing various HR administrative support tasks such as updating the HRIS system, onboarding new Firm members and managing employee files.
- Supporting engagement activities including our Staff Appreciation Week, WOW Award program and Long Service Awards, which includes milestone recognitions, an annual celebration event and all related communications.
- Collecting, verifying and submitting overtime sheets to payroll on behalf of Firm members.
- Coordinating wellness activities and initiatives such as ergonomic worksite assessments, and flu clinics for Toronto Firm members.
- Assisting in the maintenance and administration of new HR policies and procedures and updating the HR manual as required.
- Maintaining hard copy files of HR related materials, ensuring filing is kept up to date, and supporting requests to retrieve/return off-site records.
- Acting as a backup for the HR Specialist when resources are limited and/or during periods of high volume.
- Other duties as assigned.
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in Human Resources or related field.
- Minimum 1 - 3 years experience in supporting HR function management.
- Experience within a legal or professional services environment is an asset but not required.
- Microsoft Office Specialist certification or Advanced level knowledge of Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Ability to effectively communicate (both verbal and written) across multiple levels of the organization.
- Previous experience with project coordination and the ability to cope effectively with change and manage priorities in a fast paced dynamic work environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills with the ability to effectively work in a team environment.
- Proven superior organizational and critical thinking skills. Action oriented and strong initiative with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong attention to detail, with excellent spelling, grammar and proof-reading skills.
- Ability to uphold confidentiality is critical.
As a member of the McCarthy team, you will have access to:
- Outstanding benefits from day one, including insurance premiums paid by the Firm.
- Competitive compensation including paid overtime.
- A commitment to professional development and growth opportunities for our people at all levels, supported by a culture that fully embraces and encourages two-way feedback.
- Strong community involvement and a commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- A collaborative, cohesive culture that connects lawyers and business teams through collective purpose.
How to apply:
We invite you to submit your application to [email protected]. We thank all applicants for their interest in McCarthy Tétrault; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about application status. McCarthy Tétrault is an equal opportunity employer that fosters an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment. Please notify us if you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process.
Please note that, applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment from McCarthy Tétrault will be required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada as a condition of employment and to maintain their status as fully vaccinated as a condition of continued employment. McCarthy Tétrault will consider individual requests for accommodation by applicants who cannot be fully vaccinated due to health or other grounds.