HR Information Management Analyst
January 10, 2020
At McCarthy Tétrault, we offer challenging and rewarding career opportunities and are delighted to have been selected as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers 2020 for the eighth consecutive year. Our culture is built on professional excellence, collaboration, innovation, thought leadership and entrepreneurialism. We embrace inclusion in all its forms and we provide the tools and opportunities to help our people develop to their full potential.
Our Human Resources Team is looking for an Information Management Analyst.
As an Information Management Analyst, you will be:
- Planning, coordinating, developing, and distributing comprehensive reporting solutions and data analytics
- Acting as a subject matter expert (super user), developing, and maintaining a skilled understanding of data, processes and system application.
- Participating in work teams with other stakeholders in HR, IT, Project Management Office (PMO), vendors, and other business practice groups
- Working diligently to enhance and improve data quality and integrity by understanding and supporting business process improvements in HRMS and other HR systems, as applicable.
- Using judgement and initiative to respond independently to data-related queries and determining the priority of the task, the best source of data and the most appropriate way to present the data.
- Participating in system testing required during new releases or system enhancement projects.
- Maintaining processes, systems, procedures, logs, and materials to support reporting requirements.
- Managing and providing training on the HRMS system and assist in the development and delivery of training material for users as required.
- Assisting HR team with special projects as needed.
Data Collection, Analysis and Reporting
- Acquiring data from primary or secondary data sources, developing and implementing data collection processes that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality.
- Generating regular and ad-hoc reports by collecting, manipulating and auditing employee-related data.
- Consistently writing, translating, and coding SQL according to specifications for Analytics Reporting.
- Building out the dashboards in Excel or other applications to support all Analytics reporting for HR not supported in HRMS dashboards.
- Interpreting data, and analysing results using statistical techniques
- Identifying, analysing, and interpreting trends or patterns relating to key performance indicators in complex data sets.
- Identifying anomalies in various data sources, analysing, investigating, validating data and reports; identifying/correcting errors and recommending solutions.
Customer Service & Support
- Addressing and troubleshooting ad-hoc queries and issues from employees, internal/local HR stakeholders, business leadership, vendors and third party consultants.
- Providing continuous support to HRMS team in managing employee information within the HRMS ensuring accuracy and completeness of required data.
- Serving as second/third level support in incident resolution related to HRMS.
- Communicating changes and enhancements as it relates to reporting to end users
- Providing advice on opportunities to improve performance/capacity and to mitigate risk of HRMS application services.
- Participate in ongoing training and development to stay current with reporting requirements and system changes within the HRMS.
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- Completed post-secondary education in a related field and a minimum if 7 years experience working with an integrated HR/Payroll system with systems implementation experience (i.e. Ultimate, Workday, SuccessFactors, PeopleSoft, Ceridian, or similar).
- Deep knowledge and understanding of data management systems and analysis reporting, specifically HR relational databases and complex SQL queries.
- Experience in HR data analytics preferred- IBM Cognos Business Intelligence (BI reporting), data mining tools and methods.
- Advanced to Expert proficiency in Microsoft Excel (use of macro’s, pivot tables, VLOOKUPs)
- Proven ability to organize, plan and prioritize assignments within multiple projects and perform difficult analytical tasks with minimal supervision.
- Strong internal client service experience; demonstrated capabilities in providing a partner service including key communication skills of influencing, negotiation and compromising.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills and the ability to ensure follow-up on tasks, files, and/or delayed work without prompting.
- The ability to handle tight deadlines with strong organization, work management and time management skills.
- Bilingualism an asset (French and English)
As a member of the McCarthy team, you will have access to:
- Outstanding benefits from day one, including insurance premiums paid by the Firm, fitness and tuition reimbursements, on-site yoga, and second language classes
- Competitive compensation and generous time off, including a day off to volunteer and a Summer Friday program.
- A commitment to professional development and growth opportunities for our people at all levels, supported by a culture that fully embraces and encourages two-way feedback
- Strong community involvement and a commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion
- A collaborative, cohesive culture that connects lawyers and business teams through collective purpose
How to apply:
We invite you to submit your application to [email protected]. We thank all applicants for their interest in McCarthy Tétrault; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about application status. McCarthy Tétrault is an equal opportunity employer that fosters an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment. Please notify us if you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process.