Financial Analyst (12-month contract)
March 05, 2019
- Reporting on a regular and ad hoc basis for our internal clients, including the Professional Resources group and Clients & Markets team, and external clients.
- Performing variance analysis against forecast for the Firm’s largest client, including leading the monthly and quarterly reporting for both client Relationship Partners and client audiences.
- Developing and maintaining report templates for revenue and profitability reporting.
- Supporting the ongoing development and automation efforts for the above reports, including efforts to enable self-serve reporting capabilities (via SharePoint or BI/SSRS tools).
- Supporting the Firm’s revenue budgeting and forecasting processes, including data gathering and input, productivity and rate analysis, and assistance with the preparation of executive-level presentations.
- Leading the quarterly forecast process for the Firm’s largest client, including template preparation and distribution to responsible attorneys, consolidation and analysis of forecast inputs, and submission to client.
- Supporting the Director & Manager, Business Analysis with data gathering and analysis required as part of the annual standard and non-standard rate setting exercise, including the ongoing maintenance of special rates for clients/matters and rates for new timekeepers.
- Conducting external research and perform benchmark/trend analysis against Firm results.
- Ad hoc reporting and analysis as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (eg. Accounting, Finance or Business Administration).
- Accounting designation – completed or working towards completion.
- 3-5 years of related work experience post-graduation.
- Expert proficiency with Microsoft Excel, including formulas, pivot tables and macros (VBA). Strong proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Experience writing complex queries in SQL is highly desired. Experience with Microsoft Access also an asset.
- Familiarity/experience with practice management (e.g. Aderant Expert) and Business Intelligence (e.g. Redwood BI5, Tableau/Qlik) desired but not required.
- Familiarity/experience with SharePoint or other self-serve reporting tools (e.g. Cognos, SSRS) desired but not required.
- Proven aptitude towards learning new applications.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills; adept at synthesizing data into meaningful insights.
- Very strong written and communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to summarize and convey complex information in a clear and concise manner.
- Fluency in French desired but not required.
- Strong time management skills; ability to handle multiple priorities and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume to:
E-mail : [email protected]
McCarthy Tétrault is an equal opportunity employer that fosters an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment. We thank all applicants for their interest in McCarthy Tétrault; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about application status.