June 04, 2019
- Organizing and coordinating the daily operations and projects for the Facilities team. In collaboration with clients, peers, and staff, determining the requirements for effective production and processing of work. Setting standards and processes designed to achieve department and Firm goals.
- Collaborating with other Firm wide Facilities teams in researching and recommending improvements to standards, processes, and activities, ensuring consistency with national standards and support systems. Implementing new standards, processes and activities, once approved.
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with internal clients (lawyers and staff). Investigating and resolving complaints and problems related to departmental work, building issues, and work performed by vendors, suppliers, and onsite vendors.
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with external vendors and service providers. Conduct regular meetings with onsite vendors to ensure standards or work performed and services provided are within the scope of work. Working with onsite vendors to resolve issues and problems.
- Collaborating with the Vendor Management Office to ensure Firm vendors are on-boarded, appropriate contracts and statements of work are in place. Escalating issues or problems with vendor services or products to the Vendor Management Office.
- Collaborating with the Senior Manager, Facilities and Facilities Coordinators to identify yearly Business as Usual (BAU) and Capital projects for inclusion in the yearly budgets and monitoring costs throughout the year.
- Executing BAU and Capital projects ensuring completion on time, and on budget.
- Preparing yearly budgets and supporting documentation for Calgary and Vancouver.
- Maintaining key metrics and reporting for the Facilities department for Senior Management.
- Ensuring all Facilities staffing needs are met by working with the Senior Manager and Human Resources by participating in recruiting, screening, and selecting all hires for the Facilities team. Making arrangements for training and support for new team members.
- Coordinating regular meetings with Facilities staff in both Calgary and Vancouver. Participating in meetings with other Facilities Managers and Facilities Coordinators.
- Managing the performance of all Facilities staff through continual feedback, mentoring and coaching. Identifying and resolving minor issues that arise within the department. Consulting the Director, Human Resources for any disciplinary issues that may arise, and to help interpret Firm policy or procedures.
- Managing the workflow of all Facilities staff, including collaborating with clients, peers, and staff to determine the requirements for effective production and processing of work. Ensuring that the workload is equitably assigned. Reassigning work, when necessary, given work priorities.
- Managing department schedules, which may include staggered shifts, to accommodate client needs in the areas of hospitality, reception, records, reprographics, fax services, and mail/courier services.
Business Continuity & Safety
- Participating as a member of the overall Business Continuity Team (BCP).
- Participating and providing support and maintenance of the Incidence Response portion of the BCP as a member of the Incident Command team.
- Recruiting Emergency Response Team members and Medical Team members when necessary. Ensuring maintenance of Incident Response supplies and equipment. Being available to answer the BCP hotline after hours.
- Participating as a member of the Joint Health and Safety Committees.
- Ensuring all practices and procedures comply with health and safety regulations
- Overseeing emergency evacuation procedure drills,
Building and Equipment Management
- Meeting monthly with the Landlord. Responsible for documenting the minutes and resolutions of any key issues, as well as, reporting any key issues to the Senior Manager and/or Senior Director.
- Reporting building issues to Building Management with follow-up to resolutions. Escalating issues to Senior Manager/Senior Director when necessary or when resolutions are difficult. Maintaining availability for contact by the building for after-hours issues and emergencies.
- Responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of the premises and equipment to maintain a pristine and professional appearance in all areas of the Firm. Securing appropriate contracts, coordinating repairs with the Facilities Coordinator, and meeting expected service levels and timelines. Ensuring proper access and building permits are obtained.
- Overseeing the yearly deficiencies Audit of the premises for larger repairs or upgrades, obtaining quotes, preparing reports for Management review and approval, meeting Firm standards and timelines.
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders and the Facility Coordinator to understand requests for space and internal moves and incoming and outgoing professionals. Responsible for planning, execution, and approval of moves according to procedures.
- Maintaining records for purchase and maintenance of equipment, furniture, and keys. Overseeing that maintenance is scheduled as required, and access is arranged as per procedures.
- Responsible for the physical security of the Firm which includes but is not limited to access cards, keys, permits for vendors, construction permits, access and lights for events and visitors, security camera operations.
- Minimum of 10 years relevant office experience, preferably professional services firm
- Minimum 5 years experience in a management/supervisory role with a focus on planning, facilities management and records management.
- Undergraduate degree, Masters in relevant field preferred.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency. Excellent understanding of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) computer software and other office equipment.
- Minimum 2-3 years BCP Experience (Business Continuity Program)
- Broad and deep understanding of office operations and functions.
- Exceptional customer focus with a strong professional acumen.
- Ability to handle confidential information and exercise discretion in dealing with staff and/or sensitive issues.
- Excellent interpersonal and teambuilding skills. Demonstrated leadership, coaching and performance management skills.
- Excellent time management and planning skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to lead and/or participate in special projects.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume to:
E-mail: [email protected]
McCarthy Tétrault is an equal opportunity employer that fosters an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment. We thank all applicants for their interest in McCarthy Tétrault; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about application status.