July 11, 2019
Our Clients & Markets/Client Service Innovation team brings market strategy and service delivery innovation under one umbrella to ensure the needs of our clients are always top of mind. Our team plays an integral role in advancing the firm’s ambitious strategy at the vanguard of the legal industry.
Our firm is looking for a dynamic change agent to fill the role of Events Specialist on our Clients & Markets/Client Service Innovation team. In this role you will:
- Research, develop, plan and execute business development events.
- Provide the firm with a “one-stop approach” to event planning, including:
- Liaising with stakeholders, management and vendors
- Negotiating contracts
- Selecting venues
- Managing budgets and project managing events
- Developing timelines and work back schedules
Managing materials, invitations, RSVPs, onsite staffing, AV requirements, vendor/supplier relationships, registration, catering, gifts and entertainment.
- Provide high-level strategic event planning advice (hospitality and content) on topics, venues, pacing, targeting, contacting, dates, trends, formats, and presentations.
- Work closely with stakeholders to develop guest lists.
- Develop and maintain detailed and comprehensive event summaries to monitor the health of each program; compile all details and ensure a seamless execution.
- Produce detailed and comprehensive event reports.
- Provide stakeholders and Clients and Markets professionals across the firm with regular event updates: providing updates to the Communications team for the firm’s intranet and the firm’s external website with details of upcoming events.
- Maintain the National Event Tracker on a real-time basis.
- Work closely with lawyers, internal service teams and marketing professionals across the firm.
- Contribute to National Events team and the Clients and Markets department initiatives and special projects, as required.
- Support client hospitality and multi-client seminars onsite and offsite. Supporting national seminar events with a focus on the Alberta region.
- Support broader marketing requests such as managing client gift inventory, and other duties as needed.
- Provide administrative and marketing/sponsorship support to the Senior Manager, Clients & Markets (regional).
- Support strategic sponsorship events.
We are looking for someone with:
- Post-secondary education in business, marketing, communications, and/or a diploma in event planning.
- Five to seven years’ experience in major event planning in corporate, hospitality and/or not-for-profit environments
- Experience in legal or professional services firms an asset.
- Professional designation an asset
- Superior organizational skills and ability to handle many projects concurrently.
- Ability to convey professional maturity and a “business oriented” approach.
- Ability to develop strong professional relationships.
- High level of initiative, attention to detail, and excellent follow-up skills.
- Flexibility to work extra hours during peak periods, and regularly outside of normal business hours.
- Experience using InterAction or other CRM software an asset.
- Bilingualism (French and English)
If you are excited by being at the vanguard of the evolution of the Legal Industry, please contact us at [email protected]
McCarthy Tétrault is an equal opportunity employer that fosters an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment. We thank all applicants for their interest in McCarthy Tétrault; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about application status.