June 20, 2022
At McCarthy Tétrault, we offer challenging and rewarding career opportunities and are delighted to have been selected for the tenth consecutive year in 2022 as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers and one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers. Our culture is built on professional excellence, collaboration, innovation, thought leadership and entrepreneurialism. We embrace inclusion in all its forms and we provide the tools and opportunities to help our people develop to their full potential.
This position can be based out of Toronto. McCarthy Tétrault employees benefit from a hybrid work environment.
As an Events Coordinator, you will be:
- Under the guidance and direction of the Events Manager and the Event Specialists, the Events Coordinator will provide support on the planning and execution of in-person, hybrid and virtual events, including:
- Sourcing and booking venues, entertainment and other services.
- Preparing onsite event materials.
- Assisting with on-site event registration and delivery of events.
- Preparing event debrief reports.
- Creating and revising mailing lists based on targeting criteria.
- Preparing and coding invitations to be sent to clients using the firm’s event technology platform.
- Updating RSVPs and Attendance in Salesforce.
- Preparing event and management reports on metrics and analyzing data.
- Working collaboratively with other firm teams to ensure that event needs are fully met.
- Keeping the Events Manager informed of progress on projects, as well as any issues that require escalation.
- Work with Finance to process invoices.
- Additional projects as required.
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- Post- Secondary education in Business, Marketing, and/or Communications. Diploma in Event Management an asset
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience.
- Experience with virtual event platforms an asset
- Bilingualism (French and English) an asset.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite; ability to quickly learn and leverage new technology solutions. Experience working with Salesforce and SharePoint an asset.
- Professional maturity including strong interpersonal skills, tact and discretion.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills. Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and set priorities with challenging deadlines.
- Ability to complete designated tasks in a systematic and logical way, with great attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable.
- Flexibility to work extra hours during peak periods, and regularly outside of normal business hours. Ability to work on site more days per month depending on business needs.
As a member of the McCarthy team, you will have access to:
- Outstanding benefits from day one, including insurance premiums paid by the Firm and wellness and technology reimbursements.
- Competitive compensation, paid overtime and generous time off, including a day off to volunteer and a day off for your birthday.
- A commitment to professional development and growth opportunities for our people at all levels, supported by a culture that fully embraces and encourages two-way feedback.
- Strong community involvement and a commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- A collaborative, cohesive culture that connects lawyers and business teams through collective purpose.
How to apply:
We invite you to submit your application to [email protected].We thank all applicants for their interest in McCarthy Tétrault; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about application status. McCarthy Tétrault is an equal opportunity employer that fosters an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment. Please notify us if you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process.