Event Technology Specialist
May 01, 2019
- Inspecting and maintaining the boardrooms, AV equipment and supplies on the conference floor on a daily basis.
- Scheduling, setting up and testing the boardrooms for meetings as required with a laptop, desktop, video conference, Skype for Business, WebEx, presentations and/or other requirements.
- Assisting with the connection to video conferences on practice floors.
- Managing desktops and laptops used on the conference floor.
- Assisting guests with a connection to guest network on the conference floor.
- Providing internal users with loaner equipment and assisting with connectivity to the internal network.
- Providing ad hoc “how to” training for the user community and clients.
- Troubleshooting and resolving technical, video and/or audio issues which occur during testing or meetings and liaising with internal technical teams and/or third party vendors as necessary.
- Assisting other departments with the format, logistics and dress rehearsals for firm-wide and local meetings and client events, including coordination with AV Technicians in other offices.
- Managing, basic editing and publishing of conference recordings as requested.
- Working with third party vendors and other AV Technicians to design and document firm-wide standards, policies, and procedures for managing conference floor technologies and delivering client services, including setup, operation, and testing requirements.
- Working closely with the IT Service Desk to assist with computer imaging, new hire workstation setups, and moves.
- Coordinating with Event and executive support teams for equipment pre-checks and quality control of events.
- Relevant post-secondary education.
- 5 years of working experience with AV technology, ideally in a professional services environment.
- Technical AV certifications such as Certified Technology Specialist (CTS) would be an asset.
- Experience dealing with video setups, troubleshooting, and configuration setup. Ability to operate related AV technologies required for the job, i.e. Town Hall events, conference room meetings, video conference based events (sometimes using Telepresence).
- Working knowledge of, and the ability to support devices, including Windows (XP/7/10), MS Office Suite, Mac OS, network connectivity, etc.
- Positive and professional demeanor.
- Customer-service oriented; proactive in anticipating and resolving problems.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure to meet tight deadlines while maintaining a professional composure.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to effectively communicate across multiple levels of the Firm.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task a number of events at any one time.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume to:
E-mail: [email protected]
McCarthy Tétrault is an equal opportunity employer that fosters an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment. We thank all applicants for their interest in McCarthy Tétrault; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about application status.