E-Discovery Project Manager, MT>3
January 11, 2021
At McCarthy Tétrault, we offer challenging and rewarding career opportunities and are delighted to have been selected as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers 2021 for the ninth consecutive year. Our culture is built on professional excellence, collaboration, innovation, thought leadership and entrepreneurialism. We embrace inclusion in all its forms and we provide the tools and opportunities to help our people develop to their full potential.
MT>3, a division of McCarthy Tétrault, is focused on providing legal and strategic advice on the management of all phases of e-Discovery in complex litigation, investigations, Competition Bureau requests, and other disclosure projects. We excel at managing e-Discovery projects and overseeing significant document review projects.
As an E-Discovery Project Manager, you will be:
- Providing advice to clients and legal teams regarding E-Discovery techniques and technologies
- Preparing project estimates and budgets, when required, and advising on their reliability and margin for error
- Managing case-based teams including lawyers, paralegals and the regional E-Discovery resources to facilitate collaborative E-Discovery efforts
- Managing Legal Hold Notices or providing advice to clients and the legal team regarding preservation
- Identifying specific objectives for case projects and accurately assessing project requirements and scope, including the application of appropriate technology and resources. Preparing Project Plans where applicable.
- Ensuring all projects have required documentation before commencement
- Conducting custodian interviews
- Preparing Collection Plans and overseeing collection processes where required
- Monitoring and tracking the status of all projects including those sent off-site, and providing regular project status reports to the team and the client
- Managing risk and reporting potential risks to the team and the client
- Conducting various quality control steps, as necessary, during the E-Discovery lifecycle
- Ensuring projects are completed within approved budget and timeline
- Working with EDM Team and IT staff to maintain and improve high availability of and disaster recovery strategies for database environments, including backup, restore, replication and fail-over methods where appropriate
- Preparing and reviewing activity, progress and performance reports of firm and hosted databases to ensure accurate, appropriate and effective use of data, including database definition, structure, documentation, long-range requirements, operational guidelines and eliminating data redundancy
- Communicating with EDM Team as appropriate in order to ensure the database integrity, security and availability
- Liaising with client, counsel and Review Team to create a line of communication in order to facilitate any and all needs for each project
- Liaising with E-Discovery Analysts to support end-users
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- Completed post-secondary degree in a related field or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 10 years of project management, case management or Law Clerk experience within the legal/E-Discovery industry
- PMP designation considered an asset
- Proficient with Relativity, Ringtail and other E-Discovery platforms
- Ability to interact confidently and competently with lawyers and clients
- Possess strong leadership skills and the ability to exercise diplomacy and resolve conflicts
- Strong problem-solving skills, including analysis and critical thinking
- Capacity to handle high-pressure situations and deadlines
- Ability to accommodate changing internal and external team requirements while maintaining database integrity
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to accommodate occasional travel and overtime
How to apply:
We invite you to submit your application to [email protected].We thank all applicants for their interest in McCarthy Tétrault; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about application status. McCarthy Tétrault is an equal opportunity employer that fosters an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment. Please notify us if you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process.