Document Specialist (Day Shift)
June 03, 2021
At McCarthy Tétrault, we offer challenging and rewarding career opportunities and are delighted to have been selected as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers 2021 for the ninth consecutive year. Our culture is built on professional excellence, collaboration, innovation, thought leadership and entrepreneurialism. We embrace inclusion in all its forms and we provide the tools and opportunities to help our people develop to their full potential.
Hours of work:
DAY SHIFT: Monday to Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm EST / 6:30am – 2:30pm MST / 5:30am – 1:30pm PST
As a Document Specialist, you will be:
Providing firm-wide document support, using your advanced skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio), by:
- Creating various legal and other documents through copy typing, transcription, scanning or other methods.
- Converting styles, performing mail merges, inserting media into presentations, creating tables, working with graphs and objects.
- Proofreading and checking documents for appropriate formatting, spelling, grammar, and sense/clarity.
- Correcting document corruption, document version comparisons and checking for accurate revisions.
- Responding promptly to requests, meeting deadlines, and working cooperatively with other departments and individuals within the Firm.
- Managing the intake process of all document production requests and document support requests which includes prioritizing and coordinating work for completion.
- Applying word processing expertise to be able to work on complex legal and other documents.
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- Advanced-level technical skills in MS Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word).
- Strong attention to detail and superior word processing, spelling, proofreading and editing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and telephone etiquette.
- Knowledge of legal terminology, documents, and procedures are an asset.
- Transcription experience is an asset.
How to apply:
We invite you to submit your application to [email protected]. We thank all applicants for their interest in McCarthy Tétrault; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about application status. McCarthy Tétrault is an equal opportunity employer that fosters an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment. Please notify us if you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process.