Coordinator, Associate and Student Programs (14-month contract)
December 06, 2018
- Coordinating the articling and summer recruitment process, including receiving and screening applications, creating interview schedules, corresponding with students, and preparing interviewer materials.
- Assisting with compliance of Law Society policies and procedures, including that documents are completed and submitted appropriately and ensuring that all Law Society fees are paid on behalf of the articling students.
- Acting as a liaison with law schools, including assisting with organizing law school outreach, including career fairs, law school events, sponsorships, etc.
- Supporting the summer and articling student programs, including the development and facilitation of student orientations, creating and maintaining the student rotation schedule, working with mentors, principals and the Student Committee (including attending meetings, preparing agendas, etc.), organizing social events for students, administering the student performance evaluation process, through viDesktop, and supporting the Director, Professional Resources and the Practice Groups in preparing and organizing information in connection with the hireback process.
- Assisting in the development, coordination and facilitation of first year and lateral associate orientation.
- Administering and supporting the associate interim and annual performance evaluation processes, through viDesktop.
- Supporting the Professional Resources Committee (PRC), including attending meetings and preparing agenda and ensuring distribution of monthly billable hours to PRC members.
- Supporting lateral recruitment, including processing applications for associate positions, arranging interviews, preparing offer letters, arranging administrative details for new associates, including conflict searches, office and technology details, and new-hire orientation.
- Administering processes for Income Partners and Associates who are leaving the firm, including preparing termination letters and departure memos and preparing and maintaining attrition data for Associates and Income Partners.
- Assisting the Director, Professional Resources with daily ongoing administrative tasks.
- Post-secondary education in administration, or a related field.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in a professional services environment.
- One to 2 years Human Resources or recruiting experience is an asset.
- Exceptional analytical, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate (both verbal and written) across multiple levels of the organization.
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills with the ability to effectively work in a team environment.
- Ability to multi-task, cope effectively with change and manage priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Action-oriented and strong initiative with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Exceptional accuracy and detail orientation.
- Must be flexible during heavy workload periods. Job can require flexible lunch hours and some evening work will be necessary for events and during recruitment periods.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume by January 18, 2019 to:
E-mail : [email protected]
McCarthy Tétrault is an equal opportunity employer that fosters an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment. We thank all applicants for their interest in McCarthy Tétrault; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about application status.