Content Marketing Specialist
October 12, 2021
At McCarthy Tétrault, we offer challenging and rewarding career opportunities and are delighted to have been selected in 2021 as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers and as one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers for the ninth consecutive year. Our culture is built on professional excellence, collaboration, innovation, thought leadership and entrepreneurialism. We embrace inclusion in all its forms and we provide the tools and opportunities to help our people develop to their full potential.
Our Clients & Markets/Client Service Delivery team brings market strategy and service delivery innovation under one umbrella to ensure the needs of our clients are always top of mind. Our team plays an integral role in advancing the firm’s ambitious strategy at the vanguard of the legal industry. We are looking for a business-oriented, dynamic change agent to fill the role of Content Marketing Specialist.
As a Content Marketing Specialist, you will:
Content Marketing and Distribution Management
- Oversee and maintain the firm’s content marketing calendar, working closely with the Clients and Markets team and other key stakeholders.
- Collaborate on content marketing and channel strategy, establishing annual and campaign goals, project roadmaps and implementation plans.
- Lead and optimize outbound adword campaigns in co-ordination with SEO optimization efforts.
- Implement digital marketing strategies in partnership with marketing and communications team.
- Monitor and report real-time results, generating weekly and on demand dashboards with recommendations on how to further drive performance.
- Support the Firm’s email marketing campaigns, including time-sensitive communications, evites and periodic publications.
- Work with lawyers / authors to assist them in providing recommendations with regards to list management and publication type.
- Create layout and management of e-sends that optimize user experience.
- Ensure all external content complies with Firm quality standards and editing rules.
- Support coded development, as needed.
- Structure and coordinating tests.
- Deploy final solution to production.
- Document final processes and workflows and training power users.
- Manage McCarthy Tétrault Mailbox replies/requests with respect to completed email campaigns.
- Maintain a comprehensive audit trail of external communications.
- Advise on strategy and tactics to drive on-site conversion and lead generation.
- Collaborate on content marketing, channel strategy and performance metrics and KPIs.
- Execute go-to-market digital strategies in partnership with the Clients and Markets team.
- Perform data analytics, synthesizing quantitative and qualitative findings into actionable insights and communicating them in a compelling, digestible way.
- Track, measure, synthesize, and report on key performance metrics and data for content marketing activities.
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- Post-secondary degree or certificate in a related field, and a minimum of five years of digital marketing communications experience in a large, matrixed environment. Experience in a legal or professional services organization is an asset.
- Demonstrated aptitude with analytics platforms (Google Analytics) and SEO.
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform, and motivate.
- Demonstrated experience in e-marketing with a high level of proficiency with CRM or ERP tools such as Mailchimp, Vuture, Salesforce Marketing Cloud and visualization tools a plus.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills. Ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
- Excellent organizational skills. Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities and deliver results with challenging deadlines.
- Proven ability to simplify and distill complex problems into intuitive and seamless experiences.
- Ability to think quickly and critically on a broad range of digital marketing topics, across various verticals.
- Bias towards action and solutions-oriented mindset.
- Professional attitude and service orientation, with exceptional stakeholder engagement and management skills.
- Capacity and credibility to engage with Leadership and Board members of the Firm, including experience and ability to present to executive-level clients.
- Ability to complete designated tasks in a systematic and logical way, with great attention to detail.
- Adaptable and self-motivated, with the flexibility to work effectively as part of a team or autonomously.
- Bilingual (English-French) skills would be an asset.
As a member of the McCarthy team, you will have access to:
- Outstanding benefits from day one, including insurance premiums paid by the Firm and wellness and technology reimbursements.
- Competitive compensation and generous time off, including a day off to volunteer and a day off for your birthday.
- A commitment to professional development and growth opportunities for our people at all levels, supported by a culture that fully embraces and encourages two-way feedback.
- Strong community involvement and a commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- A collaborative, cohesive culture that connects lawyers and business teams through collective purpose.
How to apply:
We invite you to submit your application to [email protected]. We thank all applicants for their interest in McCarthy Tétrault; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about application status. McCarthy Tétrault is an equal opportunity employer that fosters an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment. Please notify us if you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process.
Please note that, applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment from McCarthy Tétrault will be required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada as a condition of employment and to maintain their status as fully vaccinated as a condition of continued employment. McCarthy Tétrault will consider individual requests for accommodation by applicants who cannot be fully vaccinated due to health or other grounds.