Conflicts and Client Data Coordinator (6-month contract)
July 07, 2021
At McCarthy Tétrault, we offer challenging and rewarding career opportunities and are delighted to have been selected as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers 2021 for the ninth consecutive year. Our culture is built on professional excellence, collaboration, innovation, thought leadership and entrepreneurialism. We embrace inclusion in all its forms and we provide the tools and opportunities to help our people develop to their full potential.
As a Conflicts and Client Data Coordinator, you will be:
- Maintaining ethical walls for the Vancouver and Calgary offices.
- Drafting and revising conflict screen memos as required. Maintaining screens in InTapp Wall builder.
- Performing conflict of interest searches on a timely basis in various databases as requested by the professionals and staff of all practice areas and other management/departments.
- Processing requests for opening new clients and matters and obtaining all relevant information.
- Reviewing Know Your Client (“KYC”) requirements and requesting further identification from lawyers/legal assistants when necessary. Following-up on non-compliance relating to KYC requirements, and storing KYC information appropriately.
- Reviewing correct tax to be applied on new matters and assisting lawyers and legal assistants with determining same based on Place of Supply Rules and PST rules.
- Obtaining approvals for and maintaining lists of non-billable matter numbers.
- Identifying confidential matters and ensuring integrity of all names pertaining to such matters. Following-up to lift confidentiality when public.
- Updating information relating to billing formats and e-billing clients.
- Distributing new client and matter information as required.
- Updating and ensuring integrity of existing information pertaining to client matters and client contacts in the accounting database.
- Promptly reassigning or closing all clients and matters for departing lawyers.
- Ensuring the integrity and maintenance of all supporting and backup documentation.
- Ensuring appropriate coverage is available at all times, adjusting work schedule when necessary.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- Post-secondary education related to accounting or record management.
- Minimum 3 years of related experience, ideally acquired in a legal or professional services environment.
- Experience in risk management an asset.
- Basic accounting knowledge, gained through post-secondary education or experience.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of accuracy, to be detail oriented and well organized.
How to apply:
We invite you to submit your application to [email protected][email protected] We thank all applicants for their interest in McCarthy Tétrault; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about application status. McCarthy Tétrault is an equal opportunity employer that fosters an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment. Please notify us if you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process.